Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

If all juvenile records are sealed, in every state?

Also if an application is asking if you have ever been convicted of any crime, and it was when you where a juvenile, do you have to disclose it?

Thanks

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
exceptalilfish
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM

you dont have to put it down on your applications. i know that for sure. i was told when i was 15 that my charge got sealed and i got pulled over one night and the first thing i heard them say on the police scanner was my name, and that charge when i was 15. i got pulled over when i was 22. so obviously it isnt as sealed as i thought but as far as the application goes you do not have to put the charge down

mommywife2b
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM

i think, but im not sure, that ur juvenile records are sealed when u become an adult unless u are a repeat criminal and then people might look up juvenile records to maybe show a pattern in ur behavior.

but i got an disorderly conduct and assault charge pressed on me for a school fight and my mom asked the juenile judge if it would be on my permanent record and if i remember correctly she said no because it happened as a juvenile.

but i will google it and reply again with my findings. Oh and No u do not have to put that on an application

feeding babygroombride
   Im a New Mom to MaliAleena
          and Wife to Victor

MommyOnLI
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM

this is my understanding of sealed records... juvinile or adult...

the only way they can be opened or you have to admit of having a conviction is if you apply for a government job, you want to get bonded or licensed (and not a drivers license).

i have a sealed felony conviction, and i have NEVER once admited it and i have had 50 state background checks on me, and none showed my conviction.

when i was asked to be COO of my last empkoyment i poliety said no, bc i knew i would have had to get bonded and licensed, but as the CFO it was not required.  when they asked why i just told them it was too much for me to handle.

so NO you do not have to disclose it unless you are applying for a govt job, you are getting bonded or licensed. 

MO3Boys3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Should i disclose it if it was for a game show?

MommyOnLI
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:08 PM

NO, i wouldnt

baby

pregnancy week by week

Brooke501
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:10 PM

depends on the game show.

Quoting MO3Boys3:

MO3Boys3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:12 PM

biggest loser

Quoting Brooke501:

Quoting MO3Boys3:

Brooke501
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I think it depends on the charge. I would also try and find out if the show were to contact the PD when doing a backround check, if they would disclose the charge. Is it soemthing that you are embarrassed byt and would die if any one found out? Just keep in mind that it could get out even if PD says that it wont.

Quoting MO3Boys3:

biggest loser

Quoting Brooke501:

Quoting MO3Boys3:

MO3Boys3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:19 PM

It wasn't anything big. Just 2 cases of receiving stolen property, one charge was dropped the other a mistermeaner.

Quoting Brooke501:

I think it depends on the charge. I would also try and find out if the show were to contact the PD when doing a backround check, if they would disclose the charge. Is it soemthing that you are embarrassed byt and would die if any one found out? Just keep in mind that it could get out even if PD says that it wont.

Quoting MO3Boys3:

biggest loser

Quoting Brooke501:

Quoting MO3Boys3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)