Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fake babies?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM
  • 54 Replies

I just saw a news story about women who have dolls that they treat like real babies. Its so weird. Has anyone ever known someone like that?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwins96
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Havent heard of it but it sounds like a mental problem to me.

Schleetle
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I saw the documentary on them (reborn dolls I think)... I think the dolls are pretty as collectibles, but any more than that I think is a little odd.

MiasMama123
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Yeah---  you really want to be creeped out, check out this site:

http://www.babylovereborns.com/

Pretty creepy, eh?

lillie023
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:04 PM
I wonder if anyone on CM has one? That would be kinda weird but cool to actually talk to someone and try to understand what the big deal is.
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM

i saw that a long time ago i dont remember where, i'm not sure how i really feel about it though.

Aiden 9-15-05, Gavin 7-18-06, Logan 10-3-07

Loves of My Life

geminishadow79
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM

my mom works in a nursing and some of the women residents had baby dolls that they treated like real babies  but they were elderly ladies suffering from dementia and alzahimer and don't really know where they are or that they aren't in fact real babies

ImransMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

There was a woman that frequented the coffee shop that I used to manage.  She would bring her dog in, and each time we'd have to tell her that her dog was more than welocme on the patio, but not in the store.  Well, one day she came in with a stroller, or a pram rather.  We couldn't see who was in it, but we should have known by the reactions on the faces of people who did peep in.  She was pushing her dog in the stroller. She tried it over and over, but once we knew it wasn't a baby, we kept a close eye on her.  I'd see her go into other stores with the stroller, including grocery stores.  I'm a dog lover and I understand wanting to take your dog everywhere, but disgusing it as a baby, well, that 's a little nuts if you ask me.

mimanchibella
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I would love to get a reborn of Oliver, that way in the future, he can see just how small he was! I think that these dolls are just another art form and are beautiful!

kscwrcsmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I was given one in honor of the son I lost. I keep it up. It is never treated as a real baby! They are beautiful dolls but that is a little out there!

jsmjboertlein
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Ya I saw it too.  It's so creepy.  These seemingly normal women would walk around pushing the dolls in buggies and take them shopping.  it was strange.  They said it kept their biological clocks from ticking.

Quoting Schleetle:

I saw the documentary on them (reborn dolls I think)... I think the dolls are pretty as collectibles, but any more than that I think is a little odd.

Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)