Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid ????? about writing a check ***updated pg 3****

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM
  • 29 Replies

my sister just told me that i could use a check at wal-mart, i usually use debit cards but i don't have a debit card right now.

she said as long as my husband signs it they will use it...what do you all think

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briklin
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

If it is your hubby's check he has to be there to write it because they have to see his driver's license to process it .

peachay05
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM

yea bring his I.D. or a letter just in case. I doubt they will ask for ID tho

lenalove

you can write a check.... ive done it

Want a new siggy? Just ask! I love to make them:)

femomof3

Is your name on the account?  If not then you may have a problem because they usually ask for ID.

HuntersMomee

your hubby will have to be tehre with his ID. unless your name is on it too?

but they run it just like  debit card.

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean (dont have middle name yet :)                   

momto3infl
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Arent you on the checking acct to sign it yourself?  I have written checks to walmart but they treat them electronically now.  Depending on the amt do they ask for ID, at least the ones by me.

RoseWall
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:08 PM

im confused. why would your hubby need to sign it?

jess311
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM

she said they have never asked her for a drivers liscense before....i hate to drive all the way out there though and try and pay for groceries and not be able to..should i just bring his id also

Quoting Briklin:

If it is your hubby's check he has to be there to write it because they have to see his driver's license to process it .

pinkcarebear
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I worked at walmart and if your name is not on the check they will not take it you need to show ID Sorry

erika_g
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:10 PM

i dont think so... i guess it depends on how leniant they are or how much they are paying attentionlol but once when i went i used my check with my name on it when i moved to a new city they didnt want to accept it because the address was different than on my drivers license

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)