Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STIMULUS CHECK INFO!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

Q. Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

You can find this information on the IRS.GOV website.
Here is the link:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=182003,00.html

It's the 9th question from the top. :-)

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Thanks for posting this!! Nice to know we won't get less back.

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1jasoer2.jpg jasper image by NiK_ThE_NuT7255646.jpg Jasper Hale image by mabudachi3OMEYUP.jpg Team Jasper image by sspatlan88

shecallsmemom04
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:47 PM

beware, someones getting their panties in a wad over this in another post.

you might get bashed.

"there is no greater feeling the the world, than the feeling you get when you save an animals life....be a part of the solution and not the problem, spay and neuter, report animal abuse, adopt, and save a life."

susans_world
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Well they can bring it on because my info comes straight from the IRS website. If someone has issues they can take that up with the IRS not me, lol.

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

you might get bashed.

renee3218
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM

you need to go over there & set them straight!! :) LOL

Quoting susans_world:

Well they can bring it on because my info comes straight from the IRS website. If someone has issues they can take that up with the IRS not me, lol.

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

you might get bashed.

susans_world
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:53 PM

LOL...... I can try.

Quoting renee3218:

you need to go over there & set them straight!! :) LOL

Quoting susans_world:

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

you might get bashed.

mommy2trips
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM

lol i hope you dont get bashed. My accountant told me this also. so i believe him and the IRS :)

susans_world
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I won't get bashed. I got my big girl panties on today. big smile miniYou and your accountant are correct though. People should read up the facts before they spew BS to other people. It took me all of 5 seconds to find the info on the IRS website.

Quoting mommy2trips:

lol i hope you dont get bashed. My accountant told me this also. so i believe him and the IRS :)

shecallsmemom04
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:58 PM

mine too.  and no one has proved otherwise, unless you count the "my accountant knows more than yours" BS, so i think i'll believe mine too.

Quoting mommy2trips:

"there is no greater feeling the the world, than the feeling you get when you save an animals life....be a part of the solution and not the problem, spay and neuter, report animal abuse, adopt, and save a life."

rethink911
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM
I was wondering about this too, thanks for posting. And I don't get why anyone would bash.. I mean all you're doing is posting information for us to know. If you do get bashed, that's bull. Thanks again for posting this, DH will be happy to know it!

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
susans_world
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Your welcome!!

Quoting rethink911:

I was wondering about this too, thanks for posting. And I don't get why anyone would bash.. I mean all you're doing is posting information for us to know. If you do get bashed, that's bull. Thanks again for posting this, DH will be happy to know it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)