Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets WIFE SWAP!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM
  • 25 Replies

I want to know what kind of a Wife/Girlfriend/Mom you are...I want to just see HOW different we are as people. It seems like on a website such as cafemom that we all come together and just participate like women but thats not who we are offline and I definitely see that in the wife swap show so tell me who you are. I will start:

I am a democratic mom. I believe in staying at home with your child until they go off to kindergarten and then getting a job then. (I do have a stay at home job so there is obviously other options...including babysiting in your home.) I believe in going to college after high school or else you won't find that many great jobs. I believe in a man helping out with chores when he can although he doesnt have to do everything. I believe in watching television and having home cooked meals. I believe in hair coloring, body piercings, tattoos, and freedom of speech. I believe in spankings, abortions, and the freedom to believe in god or to NOT believe in god. And I also believe in sending your children to ONLY private schools.

These are the things I believe in when it comes to me and my home. What do you believe in? And this isnt to start any bashing, this is to get to know the people behind the screen names even if we DONT agree, like I know a lot of people wont agree with me...thats ok, but tell me who YOU are.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I believe that it is very important to have dinner together as a family. I feel that a child benefits greatly from having one parent at home but some situations thats just not possible. I am pro- choice, pro gay rights and a democrat.   I formula feed, give spankings if time out hasn't worked and I use the CIO methos sometimes. I also believe that I am an equal parent to my husband. We both give feedings, change dapers, etc.

aapye
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I am a closet neat freak.. meaning I hate a messy house and cannot relax in one but unfortunately I'm the only neat freak in the house and I haven't got the energy to fight or clean up after everyone.  I believe that kids deserve a SAHM that is there for them always JMO,  I believe that the man is the head of the house BUT he needs to treat his wife with love and respect always.  I am a Christian who attends church and believe abortion is murder and should be treated as such.   I believe that the only way you can argue is if you are completely educated on the subject you are arguing.   Kids should be respectful to their parents and should help out around the house and have rules but we love having fun together and I am strict with my rules but I'm not crazy with them

momcat437

My family and I are Witnesses of Jehovah, so that says a whole lot right there!  But I'll speak just for me right now:  I'm politically neutral (but then I never gave a crap about politics), I believe in homeschooling 'cuz the public schools today are crap and private schools are too expensive, exclusive, and I can teach my kids better than anyone else,  I don't believe in college unless my kids are determined to go, then I may or may not help them (depending on the $$ sitch), I believe in men helping out in the home but that doesn't happen much around here, I believe the best education is a spiritual one, I'm a firm believer in the Bible and its teachings, and that pretty much says it all!

I3earHugzz

I am a teen mother who works and goes to school. My daughter started daycare when she was 9 months old. I am pregnant again at 20 and will have my second at 21 with a different father than my first. I will get married. I do not believe in spankings, I do not believe in abortion, I believe in explainations. My kids will know who santa is and the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. I will not pay for good grades. A childs job is to get good grades. I am organic and earth crunchy. My daughter does not eat red meat and did not eat any meat until she was a year old. She has a strict bedtime and other than that her schedule is loose. We use a binky and will continue using a binky till 18 months or so. I vaccinate as well.

mommy228
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:58 PM

ok i'll play...

I believe that play comes first and my house comes second. I only do major cleaning when people are coming over. I believe in early education and reading to my children every night. I let my children watch tv. I work outside the home because i have to but wish i could stay at home. i believe in giving my  children every experience possible in life and that means allowing them to try every sport/dance/music/whatever class they want. i do not believe in forcing them to do something they don't want to do, so if they don't want to do something again they don't. I do, however believe that they MUST finish what they started. no quitting in our house! I believe in god but don't go to church often. I don't fault anyone else for their beliefs and i actually enjoy learning about them. I went to private school but my children will go to public school (not because i didn't like it, thats just how its going to work out.) I formula fed my childrena nd believe that its just as intimate and healthy as breast feeding. I do not believe abortion is a choice for me.

LOL i dunno, thats just a few things.....

littlemama810
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I do not believe in spanking or yelling at your children. I don't believe in vaccinating my children. I am not going to force my child into going to college, and do not believe it is my responsibility to pay for it.  I believe breastfeeding is best.  I am not going to allow my children to have candy, fast food or soda. My children will not be able to watch TV until they are 5 years old. I believe in putting others before yourself. I am not religious, but I have good morals.

breastfeedingI love my baby boy!

stina74860
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I Belive in staying at home with you children tell they go off to Kindergarten and getting a job that you can be off when your kids are off. I beleive in makeing what you can of you life and not being dependent on the goverment to reaise your children for you. I believe in showing your kids there are consisequency for the choices they makerather they be good or mad. I beleve in showing my kids that they have to think about thinking about others from time to time exspecially around the holidays. I beleve in Family time and eating atleast one meal together as a family. I dont belive in abortion. I beleve that abortion is just like murder ans should be punished just like it.  I beleive that showing your kids they are important to you and not a burden. I also belive in not taking advatage of people and  I dont belive in lazy mothers who will send there kids off to whoever will keep them and for how ever ong.

Luna091306

I'm on the fence on almost everything. You could say I am indecisive or open minded. lol I lean more towards the liberal/Democratic side. I only bf for two weeks because it became too stressful for me and dd. I don't regret my decision to switch! I don't let my kids sleep with me and I encourage independence as much as possible. I spank when the crime fits but I mainly use timeouts and taking items away. I believe it is possible to make money without a college degree but it's hard to go about it that way. That's why I chose to go to school! I have nothing against daycare and actually think the social experience is good for children although neither of my children are in school due to financial reasons. I watch a lot of tv and eat out way too much. Pizza is a common meal here. I do NOT want to be a SAHM. lol I am the bread winner in my family. I like public schools and also don't mind hair coloring, body piercings, and tattoos in moderation. I will not pierce my dd's ears. That's all on her. I am pro-choice, agnostic, and anti-government. lol

CoUrtNEyLeE

k well

I am a young mom got pregnant at 17!I don't really have a true political stance although I find politics interesting!  I believe  that if you have the option to stay home with your children then you should but if you need to work I won't judge! Men should help with household chores if both the husband and wife work! Television is an excellent vacation from the kid for 30 mins~ I cook at home when I can. Its your voice so say what you will. Tattoos, body piercings, hair coloring I don't care! I do spank my son when I have tried time out and it didn't work! Religion is your choice Who am I to judge! Abortion should only be an option in cases of rape or incest!  If someone gets pregnant as a teen they SHOULD FINISH high school or get a GED! When my son gets older he will do his chores then be able to play we will have the sex talk young and hopefully be able to be very open with each other!

Luna091306
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Me too and my house is always a mess. It drives me nuts!!! Dh stays home and I work and go to school so I never have the energy to clean up everyone else's mess. I could kick him in the gut over it though.

Quoting aapye:

I am a closet neat freak.. meaning I hate a messy house and cannot relax in one but unfortunately I'm the only neat freak in the house and I haven't got the energy to fight or clean up after everyone.  I believe that kids deserve a SAHM that is there for them always JMO,  I believe that the man is the head of the house BUT he needs to treat his wife with love and respect always.  I am a Christian who attends church and believe abortion is murder and should be treated as such.   I believe that the only way you can argue is if you are completely educated on the subject you are arguing.   Kids should be respectful to their parents and should help out around the house and have rules but we love having fun together and I am strict with my rules but I'm not crazy with them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)