Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water Breaking question?? piog

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was induced last time so the pitocin did the full dilation and effacement. I was completely closed and long cervix before the induction so my water broke during active labor. My question is if you are not dilated or effaced at all and your water breaks for whatever reason(early labor, labor, big baby, a fall etc.) Does it come out or is it stuck up in the uterus?? Just curious since i never went into labor naturally.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Blondee512
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Mine broke and gushed all over at 31 weeks. I got to the hospital and wasn't dilated to a 1 yet.

3armycuties
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM

As far as I know, you can be closed and it will come out. But I don't know, they had to break my water with all three of my pregnancies. Good luck.

Trisenneth
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM

first child they had to break mine, second one my water broke at 34 weeks, and it was just like i was peeing myself but never stopped, got to hospital not dialated or faced, so they had me wait 24 hours and still with no labor/contactions so they induced me.

1of6kids
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:15 PM

WOW!  Do you know what made your water break since you were not in labor and were 6 wks early??

Quoting Trisenneth:

first child they had to break mine, second one my water broke at 34 weeks, and it was just like i was peeing myself but never stopped, got to hospital not dialated or faced, so they had me wait 24 hours and still with no labor/contactions so they induced me.

hrh475
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I think if you aren't dilated/effaced the baby would not just come out.  You would have to be induced within 24 hrs b/c there would be a danger of bacteria being introduced into the uterus and unborn baby without the bag of waters there to protect it.

~~Sophie Elizabeth~DOB 8/12/08~~

CasandraFinlay
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:18 PM

It comes out... the mucus plug will be pushed out by the pressure and the waterfall will happen.

hrh475
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Oh nm. . .lol. . .I thought you were asking if the baby would just come out.  Sorry about that.  :)

~~Sophie Elizabeth~DOB 8/12/08~~

MommyD1980
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I had mine broken after I was already in labor at the hospital, so I have no idea...here's a bump for ya! Congrats!!

babies

baby
Trisenneth
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM

they think becasue i had that nasty flu the week before you know the throw up one, tht it forced my water to rupture.. but they cant say for sure. but they said the baby was lucky becasue he wuld have died in womb from the infection if i hadnt.

oh and i hadnt lost my plug for the second, but it came out when they dialated me..

Quoting 1of6kids:

WOW!  Do you know what made your water break since you were not in labor and were 6 wks early??

Quoting Trisenneth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)