Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep problems

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok so i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what was yalls solution.  about a month ago jerzey started climbing out of the crib and the playpen. however as long as i kept her in the playpen to sleep whenever she climbed out she just landed right on her feet so i didnt worry about it. a few days ago though she woke up in the middle of the night and tried to climb out however being half asleep she fell from the top of it and hit her forehead right on our hard tile floor. she had a huge knot and bruise. i obviously dont want that to happen any more so i cant put her in her crib or her playpen and when i tried putting her in a regular bed she stood up and tried to jump off and i caught her in the air so i cant do that either and my hubby and i only have a full sized bed and he is a big guy so it is really really crowded to have her sleep with us. so i was just wondering if anyone else had maybe gone through this and had any solutions?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gcstar42
by Shara on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

bump

gcstar42
by Shara on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:09 PM

anybody?

gcstar42
by Shara on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:10 PM

please?

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:11 PM

i would just lay her mattress on the floor..it would be a short fall if she rolled off

MandaRose83
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM

How old is she?  Do you have her crib all the way down?

vbongard
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:14 PM

wow, that is rough.  Sorry, I am not sure what to do.  I was thinking maybe you could drop the mattress down as far as it went or just put the mattress streight on the floor.  We did that with our first kid when he broke his toddler bed frame.  At least you will not have to would not have to worry about her falling and getting hurt.  Good luck.

gcstar42
by Shara on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:17 PM

she is 14 months old and we do have the crib as far down as it will go. i thought about putting her mattress on the floor but the only thing im worried about is that we live in an apartment and there are sometimes roaches so im kinda worried that they would just crawl right into her bed if its on the floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)