Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats wrong with

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

Dungeons and Dragons ( besides the nerd factor lol).. I am asking because my DD has started playing and I'm playing too and don't see anything wrong with it but I was not allowed to play as a kid and my mom can't remember why.. anyone know why someone wouldn't let their kid play it?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aapye
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM

bump

Brooke501
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM

I think uninformed parents think it might be too mush of a fantasy game and too much into mythology. My mom is a stronge christian and did not like my brother playing but could never give a better reason than "because I am your mother and I said so." That was a favorite of hers.lol

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Well, I could definitely see why really religious parents might not let their kids play...

Other than that I don't really know. I mean, I've been in games that have turned extremely sexual...but I don't see that happening when kids would be playing....

My husband and I play, and he wants to teach our son as soon as he's old enough to understand!

MamaMarinara
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

IDK, I'm too cool to play it (j/k, I'm just a non-DD playing nerd)  but I guess because it has to do with magic and some feel that it's occult related.  I grew up in a very conservative household, and things like that were banned from my house.

aapye
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Quote:

I think uninformed parents think it might be too mush of a fantasy game and too much into mythology. My mom is a stronge christian and did not like my brother playing but could never give a better reason than "because I am your mother and I said so." That was a favorite of hers.lol
I guess that makes sense?? but I'm more conservative than my mom but than again I've never had a problem with fantasy ( as long as its age appropriate)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)