Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is what makes me cry

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM
  • 20 Replies

father daughter songs make me cry but not because of the reason you would think... I have NEVER EVER been close with my father even though we lived in the same house when i was growin up. I cant stand him... My brothers and I would play around call each other names as soon as I would join in I would get beat with a belt. He always told me how i was stupid and when i talk i sound uneducated...On my prom he was home but when my date arrived and i came out and we took pictures and we were gettin ready to leave he didnt say one thing to me he just set his ass on the computer... I got braces and he didnt even realize that I had them till a month later.. I have a twin my brother and on our 18th birthday he took my brother out to eat and got him a gift but he didnt even say happy birthday to me... and its not one bit different now that im married and I hvae my own kids he is constanly tellin me what im doing wrong with them and that my mother could do so much better.. So it breaks my heart when i hear those songs cause i feel cheated.. I think every girl deserves to be a daddys girl but yet i never had the chance to be and dont ever care to be..

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

this might sound stupid to most of yall.. but its how i feel there is many more things he has done i just dont want to bore yall with all of it

alwaysyoung
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I am sorry I am not close to my real father either.

Blondee512

I'm sorry....my father is a hate filled jerk, too.

Some people shouldn't try to parent....sounds like we both know two of them.

rennez

Ok, I can't relate, so this may sound insensitive, but why can't you just cut him out of your life?  What do you have to gain by keeping in any sort of contact with him?

frog77
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I so understand where you are coming from.Mine is in a different way than yours but I still feel cheated.

lenalove
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM

this post actually made me cry. because I feel the same way. My dad left us when I was 2, and when we would see him i was always ignored and treated like crap, while my brother and sister were his little angels. i hate that i didnt get that from my dad. all i ever wanted from him was love.

Want a new siggy? Just ask! I love to make them:)

Pegarina
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I am sorry you went through that and are still going through that. I have had my share of dissappointment in my parents. I was given to foster care when I was 5 just a few days before christmas and my 6th birthda was the day after christmas. I was also abused in all ways you can imagine. I don't even know for sure who my father is. So no it doesn't sound stupid to me. Father daughter songs make me cry also.

hugsPeggy

gcstar42
by Shara on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:06 PM

i am sorry that you had to go through that. it makes me realize how lucky i was to have the dad that i do. he always supported me and took me to do fun things. and he never ever treated me different than he did my brother. honestly if i were u i would not have my kids around him.

dannie0802

i hate my dad

momof2146

I call mine a sperm donor bc he isn't even worthy of the word Father or dad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)