Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

Why in the heck is my hubby like this, one minute he's playing with Korbin (while playing World of Warcraft) and Korbins all happy and laughing, then a few minutes later after Korbin ease off and does something else, then go back to wanting to play with daddy, daddy gets moody and yells STOP at him, he was doing the same thing they were playing earlier (with a ball) Makes me SO mad, it's like he's happy and playing one minute, then he gets all pissy the next I rarely happens, but it pisses me off when it does, and Korbin comes to me crying (he's 2 1/2) cause daddy yelled at him.. Ugh.. and then hubby was over there telling Korbin to hush while he's crying and I just give him the evilist look and he says "fuck off jess" UGH I love him to death but I hate his attitudes and anger problems (they aren't bad, just stupid and makes me want to just punch him in the face) It's not Korbins fault and Korbin doesn't know when not to play while he's playing his stupid game! I can understand if he was doing something that was important or a serious cause, but getting mad over a game, changing moods within minutes! It's stupid. Anyone want to punch him in the face for me? lol Anyways, It's just a vent!

If you love being a mom please Join us at---

I love being a mom!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
star506
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:47 AM

My x was that way. He is getting in to the game and the kids are wanting to play at a time he is concentrating. ( Just a hint don't ever walk up and say fuck you they are your kids to and it's a game pause the damn thing,and yank the cord out of the wall.) 

aprilrain429
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM

omg do i know what you mean! my husband does the same when he plays cards. omg it's ridculously aggravating because we always have to go with him. he plays at friends' houses not at bars or anything there have been times I've left him and not told him. one time lol he was watching my oldest  at  a firends house and my DS fell asleep so every now and then DH would just go check on him well I showed up a few minute after they quit playing cards took my DS and went to go eat with some other girls that were there with there kids since DS woke up well I forgot to tell DH that I had Michael with me and my phone was on silent so I didn't hear it ringing...he ended up freaking out and had all the other guys call their wives to find out if they had my son and why didn't the tell him they took him.. it was hilarious they said he was crying over (DH)....i told him that's what you get when you don't pay attention!!!!! i was laughing the whole way even thought its in part my fault I didnt tell him lol

MissViki
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Mine does it too, same damn game even.  I think we need a support group of spouses and SO who's "hubbies" are addicted to that game.  I was thinking will I was doing dishes last night, if I leave his lazy butt since ALL he does is work and play that game anymore, can I sue the crap out of Blizzard for making such an addictive game?  (Not that I really would sue Blizzard, although I am to the point I'm considering leaving him over it.  We've talked about it and he says he change, and nothing happens.   I can't be a mom to two under two a full time maid to three and work forty plus hours a week.)

Proud Mom of two Boysproudproud working momboobymonster11.gifbanner8.gif

workin_mamma
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 8:06 AM

im the same way. i dont know what to do anymore. it takes me getting really pissed off at him to do anything, he excepts me to take care of the baby, cook, clean, do laundry, and work 40 hrs a week, even when im sick ( like i was the other day when i got really pissed and he cleaned all the house excpet the kitchen)

Quoting MissViki:

Mine does it too, same damn game even.  I think we need a support group of spouses and SO who's "hubbies" are addicted to that game.  I was thinking will I was doing dishes last night, if I leave his lazy butt since ALL he does is work and play that game anymore, can I sue the crap out of Blizzard for making such an addictive game?  (Not that I really would sue Blizzard, although I am to the point I'm considering leaving him over it.  We've talked about it and he says he change, and nothing happens.   I can't be a mom to two under two a full time maid to three and work forty plus hours a week.)

star506
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Hide the game one day!!!! J/J

Quoting workin_mamma:

im the same way. i dont know what to do anymore. it takes me getting really pissed off at him to do anything, he excepts me to take care of the baby, cook, clean, do laundry, and work 40 hrs a week, even when im sick ( like i was the other day when i got really pissed and he cleaned all the house excpet the kitchen)

Quoting MissViki:

Jesstickuh
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM

They do have a support group here on cafemom. Just search World of Warcraft. Haha. My husband helps around the house and will still spend time with us, it wasn't like that at one point, he did play ALLL the time and never spent family time, but he has started to so that is a plus. The game is very addicting... lol but it keeps him home and not out with his buddies drinking and what not.  I count that as a plus!

Quoting workin_mamma:

Quoting MissViki:

If you love being a mom please Join us at---

I love being a mom!

SotilSol
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM

The problem is, you can't pause WoW, or hide it (it's on your computer)...so when you're in an instance, raid, or something else that needs your full attention, it can be aggravating when something interrupts you.  That's no excuse, though. 

If you couldn't tell, I also play WoW.  :P I learned really quickly that I should only play when my child is sleeping or otherwise occupied!  And if I did happen to get interrupted, tough crap for me!  It's just a game, and my kid, hubby, and life are way more important...

Sorchasmom
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I think my dh got the point when I did something like that.  I went up to his new gamecube that he had been stuck to for 48 hours straight and cut the cords right in front of him.

Quoting star506:

My x was that way. He is getting in to the game and the kids are wanting to play at a time he is concentrating. ( Just a hint don't ever walk up and say fuck you they are your kids to and it's a game pause the damn thing,and yank the cord out of the wall.) 

MissViki
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 12:15 AM

You can't because it's acutally on the computer... but I have thought about "losing" the interent cord in my breastpump bag on the way to work. :) 

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 12:19 AM

it's the game. for my DF (who used to play WoW a long time ago) it's Guild Wars. If something happens in the game that p*sses him off, he just gets so angry! it's scary, we almost broke up over it once when he got physical with me when i tried to turn off the computer because he had been playing for like 9 hours and i needed his help.

Aiden 9-15-05, Gavin 7-18-06, Logan 10-3-07

Loves of My Life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)