Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pooping on the potty?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

DD <18 month> has been peeing on the potty for the last week. She only has accidents when were out and at bedtime <she doesnt even have accidents when she naps! Yeah!> But anyways, she wont poop on it. She knows when she poops and will come tell me, but she wont poop on the potty. Any ideas how to show her you poop on the potty too? I am not forcing her to potty train, she just started herself, so I take her when she wants to go <at first it was like 1-2 times a day, and then shed just pee in her diaper. Today she went 5 times with no accidents, besides pooping> Should I just keep encouraging her, or is there any other good tricks/ideas? Is it too early to try to get her to poop on the potty too?

I'm a married, natural birthing, bottle-feeding, co-sleeping, non-spanking, non-vaccinating, front face seating,  disposable diapering child led parenting teen mom of one beautiful daughter.  I'm a pro-life, strong willed, debt-free, book loving,  believer in God. Try and Change me.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
two2tango
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:33 PM

My dd just turned 2. She is interested and has peepeed a few times. I just let her do it when she wants to. Once she's comfy peepeeing, she'll get the pooping down. I'd just follow her lead. I did always give my oldest stickers when she went though...that's a thought.

kristyn165
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Just keep doing what your doing.  Pooping on the potty will come in time.

brettleysmommy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I try to make a big deal out of peeing on the potty... i.e. she gets one candy, and I do the "peepee dance" lol.

Quoting two2tango:

My dd just turned 2. She is interested and has peepeed a few times. I just let her do it when she wants to. Once she's comfy peepeeing, she'll get the pooping down. I'd just follow her lead. I did always give my oldest stickers when she went though...that's a thought.

I'm a married, natural birthing, bottle-feeding, co-sleeping, non-spanking, non-vaccinating, front face seating,  disposable diapering child led parenting teen mom of one beautiful daughter.  I'm a pro-life, strong willed, debt-free, book loving,  believer in God. Try and Change me.

aprilhutchins
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:37 PM

My dd did the same exact thing.  She peed in the potty but refused to poopy in it.  She would hide and poop in her pull up and come tell me! Just after she turned 2 she finally went and pooped in the potty!  She was so happy that she finally did it that she would NO LONGER wear a pull up! We went straight to big girl panties! So she will do it when she's ready.  Give her time!!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Hi brettleysmommy

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

The Potty Training Moms Support ...

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

|The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)