Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this mean?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I work at my aunt's home daycare. My DD and my sisters 2 kids come here. All of our clients, including my sister and I, receive daycare assistance. The place where she gets it from has decided to cut off her assistance on Saturdays. She works on Saturdays and her DH works off so as of last week my mom agreed to watch them on Saturday in order for her daycare bill not to grow larger than it already is. Well, the place our mom works at said they have to work Saturday since they had New Years off. Mom isn't for sure if she has to work a full day or a half day. My sister texted me wanting to know if I could watch her two til mom gets off. I told her that I really needed to get my Christmas stuff down and get our house cleaned up. I won't have time on Sunday to do what I need to do plus I really don't want to watch her two on my day off. So she is going to bring them to daycare and mom will pick them up when she gets off work. I know it sounds awful but when they are all together, they fight constently. My nephew is 4 and throws bigger tantrums than my 2 year old DD and my niece whines alot. I am around them all week every week and sometimes I just need a break, you know. Do you think I was a horrible sister and aunt for saying no? 

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM

No, unless your sis is going to pay you, just explain that you want a weekend to relax and not have screaming kids all day

BreannazMomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

nah, my sis's 4 y/o is baaad.  I tell her no all the time.  She has a similiar situation.  Now she just had her baby.  No way in hell will I ever watch 2 badass little boys!!!!  Especially cuz my DD is literally an angel, but whenever she gets around her cousin, she reallys acts out.  sometimes for weeks later.  You had the right to say no.  Besides, everyone should have a backup. 

MAyers
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM

No your not bad for doing this, you just need a break. I don't blame you at all.

Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I don't think your mean. 

BBowMommy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

No, unless your sis is going to pay you, just explain that you want a weekend to relax and not have screaming kids all day

She didn't offer to pay. She was wanting to save money by bring them to me. Thats why I feel horrible for saying no...but if I had them all day, I know I would be pulling my hair out; I am 5 months preggo and I have high blood pressure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)