Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you start babyfoods early...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

my grandma gave my four month old apples, babyfood of course. he actually loved them but i dont know that i'll keep giving them to him.....he had no problems digesting them either. anyone give fruits early?

I'm a formula feeding, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, delayed vaccinating, will be spanking, picture taking, sunkist drinking, softball playing, family loving MOMMY!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jesstickuh
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I started at 6 months old, but i see nothing wrong starting it earlier

If you love being a mom please Join us at---

I love being a mom!

dannie0802

yes i started my boys on baby foods early then the dr said to

MissAndrea125

My dd is almost 5 months and I am thinking its about time to start new foods. I have tried mixing up cereal to get her accustomed to eating by a spoon. She's not really getting it yet lol

TabathaAguiar

I asked my pedi when I could start baby food, he said 6 months old. But I started at 5 months. Just the fruits and veggies.

Melissa0216
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I started rice cereal at three months and started introducing fruits and veggies two weeks later.  My son did fine and was on all table foods at eight months old (and of course formula, but not much, until eleven months).

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I fed DD several things early...and nothing hurt her. Shes a happy healthy 16 month old

momto3infl
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

With all three of my kids I started them all on all stage 1 foods at 3mths of age-never had any issues and they have no weight issues.

sportychik2003
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

well he eats his cereal from a spoon now. amazingly it only took him about four days to get used to the spoon

I'm a formula feeding, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, delayed vaccinating, will be spanking, picture taking, sunkist drinking, softball playing, family loving MOMMY!!!

sportychik2003
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM

yay glad to hear all of this b/c he loved those apples and i'm thinking about bananas and maybe one veggie....introducing them slowly of course

stacymomof2
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Better to wait, why not?  The child will show when they are ready by sitting with an unsupported head, losing the tounge-pushing action, doubling their birth weight, and showing interest in your food.  I started my 1st dd on food at 5.5m, and my younger at 7m.  I just went with what seemed right for them.  They really should fill up on formula or bm, though, it is more nutrient dense, and their bodies are small and need all the vitamins they can get.  The fruit is fine but low in calories and nutrients compared to how much room it takes up in their bellies.  Also, it can lead to allergies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)