Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Internet VS. Sex

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: would you give up sex for 2 weeks for the internet?

Options:

Yes

no

I am not sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Take my poll and read this article.

Almost Half of Women Prefer Internet to Sex, Study Finds

We've recently seen how British housewives are indicating that they spend the majority of their free time online. But, we didn't realize just what women were giving up in order to get their Facebook fix. A new study is showing that roughly half of women would rather give up sex for two weeks than go without the Internet for the same period of time.

The study was commissioned by Intel and shows that 46-percent of all women would rather give up sex for two weeks than the Internet for two weeks. When looking at the 35-to-44-year-old age group, that number increased to 52-percent. Among men, the number was much lower, 30-percent on average, and just 23-percent in the 35-to-44-year-old group. Perhaps that disparity has given rise to the great sex with robots debate.

How about you, which would you rather give up? [From: The Wall Street Journal]

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
braggingmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM

bump

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Internet or not, I've gone 2 weeks without sex, no problem. LOL I work full time. I'm TIRED at the end of the day. Those results do not shock me at all.

TabathaAguiar
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Wouldn't matter to me right now. Hubby and I haven't had sex in 3 months!!!! Mainly because he says he doesn't want to stick his penis in someone else's house. (lol) *I'm pregnant* So SURE I'll  give up sex for 2 weeks for the internet!!! HeHe

BeLove27
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM

If I could chose the 2 weeks, sure! When I'm PMSing and then the week of my period..stay away! lol

talsey
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM

NO way!!!Never, I love being with my boyfriend!!!

mommacrystal_80
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Hell no! I would not choose internet over sex, I'd be saying by to all you ladies for two weeks first, lol.

momto3infl
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Yes I would

sooga_booga
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Oh no... Not me...  Sex over internet any day.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)