Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH - what should I do??

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

I recently started work at a pharmacy. I'm waiting on the state to get me my tech license so I can actually do my job. This pharmacy happens to be really busy. I've been there for 3 weeks.

Here's the problem - NO ONE at this pharmacy can handle stress well. When things start to get really busy, they get snappy at each other, they blame each other for things not getting done, they have to have someone to blame for what's going wrong. And being the new girl, I'm usually the one who gets blamed, even though I rarely have anything to do with mistakes that are made. I can understand working quickly, and doing things quickly, when we have a lot of people filling prescriptions. BUT I cannot handle the jumpiness and the anger. I talked to the pharmacist about it, but she didn't know what else she can do. (She doesn't ever blame me for anything. It's mainly other techs and the clerks.) She's already corrected them when they try and blame me for things, but they haven't stopped. I'm also the youngest employee in the pharmacy by about 8 years - most of them are over 40. All but 1 have kids older than I am.

I like the job - but I really don't like the environment or atmosphere that's being created by the employees. Any ideas on what I could do?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
melamommy24
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:29 PM

bump

lollipopcat
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Personally, I might try looking elsewhere. The people you work with can really make or break a job. But I might try it out for a little while first. Maybe they just need to settle down a bit and when you prove yourself to be competent, they won't blame you then. So I guess my suggestion is give it time, but keep an eye open for other oppotunities.

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)