Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reborn Baby Doll????

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you own a Reborn or similar baby doll?

Options:

Yes

No

No but I want one!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Does anyone here have one? I'm not going to bash you I'm just wondering how common it is! I'm watching the 20/20 special on it, and it's kind of intriguing honestly. I find it quite interesting!
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillie023
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM
BUMP
lillie023
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM
To those who voted yes, will you expose yourself??? Iol are you like embarrassed or something?
Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:48 PM
I don't, but my great grandmothers caregiver who specializes in Alzheimer patients has one that she lets her patients use. It helps them feel useful, there are other benefits. As far as women just wanting them and caring for them as they are REAL, don't know anyone who does own one.

A Jan. baby!!! Parker (6-1-07)

TannersMommy09
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I'm not sure whether to vote yes or no.  I've got one of the Lee Middleton dolls but it isn't a reborn if that's what you're talking about. I saw something on tv about them a couple months back. I wanted one of them a few yrs ago when I came across them on ebay,  just because I thought they were adorable and my bf said I had to wait 20 yrs for kids, lol. I collected dolls when I was younger though and thats why I bought the one I have.

lillie023
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:12 PM
Quoting TannersMommy09:

I'm not sure whether to vote yes or no.  I've got one of the Lee Middleton dolls but it isn't a reborn if that's what you're talking about. I saw something on tv about them a couple months back. I wanted one of them a few yrs ago when I came across them on ebay,  just because I thought they were adorable and my bf said I had to wait 20 yrs for kids, lol. I collected dolls when I was younger though and thats why I bought the one I have.

I completely understand doll collectors, my mom is one. I just don't understand the women who buy the reborns and cart them around as if they're real and tell people they're real. lol :)
prue2012
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:15 PM

omg those dolls were creepy looking sorry but they freaked me out. and those women. omg they need to be put someplace i just don't get it.  crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

mom-x-2
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM

those ladies were wierdos! did you see the look on that old lady's face when she touched that lady's doll! I think she thought the lady was holding a dead baby!

Roya-LPain
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I just watched the Dr. Phil about reborns, well it was about obsessions... but some of those dolls were absoloutely freaky looking!

DD has one that pees and thats all about I can handle in the life like doll department lol

ttc   baseball   girl on a swing

Azareth & Roya          Lex                 Elena

smorekids
by 867-5309/Jenny on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Those dolls are absolutely beautiful but I don't understand the whole pretend motherhood thing. I mean to collect them is one thing to think it's your own is another. KWIM

andrea_smkns
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I missed this show, obviously but I almost said yes because my daughter has a doll I think looks almost real lol but that's not what you meant. I would like to see what your talking about.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)