Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help baby throwing up!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 15 month old caught the 24 hour virus. She is throwing up everything she takes down. even water. What can I give her if anything to drink? or eat? No fever and when she isn't throwing up she seems ok. What do I do?

Mommy of Lila
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Pedialite!!!!!!!!!!  It has a sweet taste and will help keep her from dehydrating!

blondenoah
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:36 PM

pedi light gator aid something to hydrate her wiith electrolites

jdobrydnia
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:37 PM

My baby just had that. Honestly, it's only 24 hours so I just quit trying to give her anything. Just make sure she isn't showing signs of dehydration. In a few hours try giving her small sips of water.

katie2007709

when mine had problems with throwing up i gave her 2 oz sprite & 2 oz water mixed she held that down well

kno4eva

Quoting Kellileanne:

Pedialite!!!!!!!!!!  It has a sweet taste and will help keep her from dehydrating!

LilaRae07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Thank you!!!

Mommy of Lila
luvinher
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:54 PM

She has the stomach flu. With hold everything.Do not give her anything to drink. YOu can give her a couple of small ice chips (if old enough), or a wash cloth soaked in water to suck on. I wouldn't attempt to give her anything until the morning, she'll be ok, I promise. Tomorrow give only liquid stuff all day like jello(no fruit), boulon, applesauce, pedilyte. Give only small port. sev times. the next day start more solid like crackers, scrammbled eggs, toast,water. Hope to help, I've been through this numer. w my girl. If she's running fever don't give anything oral. Give a suppatory like Fever All.

LilaRae07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Thank you so much. This really did help my so just got her to sleep in bed so i hope we make it trough the night. She throw up everything there was to throw up so hopefully we sleep.

Mommy of Lila
BrodysMommy251
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:58 PM

My 16 mo. old son is going thru the exact same thing right now. I'm giving him JUST pedialyte, all my baby books reccomended that for the 1st 24 hours. I just gave him a piece of dry toast, and he kept that down. I would start w/ the pedialyte, and go from there.

boyx3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:15 PM

One of my twins just had that. (but for 5 days) This is what the Dr told me...Give her small sips of pedialite. Even if she throws it up, she will be getting some of the much needed electrolites. You can also give her diluted gatoraid.  If she's hungry and eats any food, fine but be prepared for clean up duty.  If it continues past 24 hours, expect diharrea to follow.  Also, when she starts to eat again go with the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast).  Good luck and I hope she's better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)