Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 all the divorced women

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

my mom & dad are divorcing & im going to get her a lawyer for her, they've been married for 25 years & since we've moved out $$ has been really tough. the lawyer alone is $1,000 & im getting her one first thing monday. My question was how long does the process take for her to get sum $$$? if hes willing? Im just ready for a break & i know it'll relieve all my moms stress to get some $ to help with things..

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Blondee512
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:47 PM

My divorce took two and a half years. That's when his wallet opened......wide. :)

Jasmine107
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:49 PM

WOW! thats such a loong time

Quoting Blondee512:

My divorce took two and a half years. That's when his wallet opened......wide. :)

Blondee512
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Yup....and worth every cent.

Quoting Jasmine107:

WOW! thats such a loong time

Quoting Blondee512:

richgirljj
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM

From the time I filed - two months.

I had no money, so I went through legal aid.  It was free.

jazzyandpat
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM

mine took about 8 months. there was no fighting i got what i wanted in the long run. all depend on how long the other person wants to fight with everything.

pam228
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:53 PM

my divorce took 6yrs. i got $4000.00,he got our house w/50 acres(worth about $300,000.) i couldn't take the stress of it any longer and settled,on the bright side his new wife loves my old house(that i helped build!). oh well,i guess i won in the end--i'm rid of him! lol.

Kim370
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:02 PM

my divorce took 2 years.  There is the option of using a mediator instead of a lawyer.  They are cheaper, and the process doesnt take as long.   Just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)