Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you pay for...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM
  • 36 Replies

So I'm buying my first car.. YAY ME... Anyways...

how much do you pay for car insurance, what kinda car do you drive, how long have you had you license? What state do you live in? Tickets or such???

My sister had her car in my name and never got insurance well I was randomly selected to show proof of insurance and didn't have it. so they have to pay a 125 dollar re instatement fee for me to get my license or buy a car... so that's on my record. I will probably be getting insurance the day I get my license... I've never even had my temps before and I want an SUV.. I'm thinking a Kia Sportage.. but not sure yet..

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:18 PM

bump??

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

themacs4
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:21 PM

We have 21st Century.  We've had them for 2 years.  They offer installments of pay in full (not really an installment I guess), 2 payments, 4 monthly payments (then no payments for 2, we use this one) & then 6 monthly payments.  We have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo & a 2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab.  We pay $190, but that is for the 4 months, if we did 6 it would be $126.00

Praying
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Please Please Please

You seem like a very strong single Mom! Please watch this before going to get a near or even nearly new vehical / car loan. Please

"We Americans love our cars, don't we?

How many times have you heard (or said), "I'll always have a car payment"?

That's the normal way of thinking. But NORMAL is broke. We want to be WEIRD!

Think about it:

• What if you decided to STOP messing with car payments?

• What if you invested that old car payment every month instead of giving it away to the bank?

• What if we showed you a six-year plan that would put you in free cars for the rest of your life?

• What if that plan also made you a millionaire?

• Interested? "

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/lms/drive_free/

"A government big enough to give you what you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald Ford

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Thank you.. but I have scrimped and saved for this and I am buying a car straight out... I have 5000 saved and am plan ning on 2500 tax refund... I'm buying used from my older brothers car dealer... my older brother is also a mechanic.. so I feel I have no worries about being ripped off... or having to take out a loan

Quoting Praying:

Please Please Please

You seem like a very strong single Mom! Please watch this before going to get a near or even nearly new vehical / car loan. Please

"We Americans love our cars, don't we?

How many times have you heard (or said), "I'll always have a car payment"?

That's the normal way of thinking. But NORMAL is broke. We want to be WEIRD!

Think about it:

• What if you decided to STOP messing with car payments? 
  • What if you invested that old car payment every month instead of giving it away to the bank? 
  • What if we showed you a six-year plan that would put you in free cars for the rest of your life? 
  • What if that plan also made you a millionaire? 
  • Interested? "

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/lms/drive_free/

mysticwv
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I've had my license for about 7 years, I drive a 2002 Ford Escape (my baby), I live in West Virginia, I've never had a ticket or anything against my driving record, and I pay $100 a month for full coverage insurance. I wouldn't even have to pay that much if my husband hadn't destroyed my credit last year.

cadensmomma0210
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I wouldn't get a Kia Sportage.. They flip easily.

devasmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I have Geico and pay $76.00/month for full-coverage (my policy covers a lot, I am insured in any car I drive, including rental cars...we don't have to get their coverage,and roadside assistance). I have had my lisence since I was 17 (1989). I drive a 2006 Chevy Impala. I live in California.

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I've had my license for 5 years, my husband has had his for 9 years. Neither of us have anything on our driving records. We live in PA, and we go through Infinity. We pay $56 a month for a '95 Lumina Van. We got a $20 per month reduction when we got married, and we'll get another reduction once I turn 25 (in 3 years).

theboysmom311
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Help save my job.  Buy American.

We have SafeAuto a 2005 truck, and a 2000 car.  Full Coverage on both $250 deductible costs $117.00/month.

lbdm2002
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:31 PM

We have GEICO.  2 newer cars..a 2006 mitsubishi eclipse (it's considered a sports car..pfft) and a 2006 Chevy aveo (4 dr compact car).  We have gap insurance (that covers the difference between blue book and what's owed on the car) as well as insurance that covers the motor/transmission, etc on the Eclipse if anything happens after the warrenty expires.  We've only had Geico about 2 years now (when we got the eclipse, feb 2007).  We pay about $550 every 6 months for both cars, full coverage.  We live in Kentucky.  Hubby had a DUI in 2000 (off his driving record in 2005) and had totalled a car in 2002.  Other than that, we've had no other tickets/accidents ever claimed on our insurance.

Insurance really depends on your state.  We used to have progressive when we lived in Oklahoma, but when we moved to Kentucky (same coverage, same cars), our premium more than doubled because of the amount of uninsured motorists in KY.  UGH!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)