Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I say???????

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM
  • 2 Replies

My ex husband has been an alcoholic for as long as I can remember. Now he is having all kinds of problems. He told my daughter that he is dying. Yet he continues to drink. He doesn't drink a little either. The last time he was sober was in 1999. Since then I think he has had a blood alcohol content every minute. He looks awful too. I mean AWFUL. He was such a sweet handsome man. Alcohol robbed us. It robbed us of that wonderful person.

Now his face is bloated. He has kidney stones. He has severe back problems. He shakes all the time.

But the worst part is his eyes are dead.

It makes me sad... even though he is a drunk... to think about my children not having a father. But it makes me sadder when I have to take them to him and the alcohol. What do I say????

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
prue2012
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM

girl i don't know.  i feel for you.  has he not tried to get help??  it must be just awlful for the kids.  i really don't have an answer for you but i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

angie

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:34 PM

He has a saying. " I must not be an alcoholic, I do not attend the meetings."  No he doesn't want help. That is why we are divorced. I loved the man with everything in my soul. But I would not and could not raise my children in that atmosphere. So I left. Now he is just.... sad.

Thank you. Don't pray for me though. Pray for my children.

Quoting prue2012:

girl i don't know.  i feel for you.  has he not tried to get help??  it must be just awlful for the kids.  i really don't have an answer for you but i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

angie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)