Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hello everyone!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just wanted to say hello to everyone!  I am very quiet and wanted to join to make new friends.  I have two children, 2 and 3.  And the 3 year old has a developmental delay.  That can be very stressing at times and I have no one to talk to. So I hope I will be able to meet some good people on here. 

Dana

by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LaughsAlot
by Member on Mar. 26, 2007 at 5:57 PM
SmileHello, I too am new to this here site!! I have a 23yr son, 19yr daughter & a 6yr son!!Yea it can be trying at times but I'd do it all over again!!Nothing beats the feeling when yer kids tell you "I love you mom" for the first time or when they say "Thanks" for being there for them, no matter what!! My 6 yr old has some developemental problems as well, goes with being a premmie tho, 2lbs 51/2oz 14 inchs long. Mainly social skills tho!! Hard to imagine one of my kids having a hard time speaking up for themselves tho!! I'm not shy, its outta my mouth quicker than thru my mind!!my 2 oldest don't have that problem tho!! Are you quiet cuz yer shy or just naturally quiet??I'm  outgoing, naturally loud(deep voice!!been mistaken fer a man on the phone!!!) kinda laid back type of mom.Anything else youd like to know??
Adnil
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Hello, nice to meet you...Do you mind me asking what your child's developmental delay is caused from? Mine, meaning myself was caused from lack of a thyroid gland, and wasn't found out until I was 14 months old..but I live a normal life..just always have you can attitude with him, not a you can't...believe in him and let him believe in himself...:)

Linda
goofygirl03
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Welcome! I'm Heather (27) Mom to Madison (4 next month) we live in upstate NY. Laughing

Dlopez1328
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Quoting LaughsAlot:

SmileHello, I too am new to this here site!! I have a 23yr son, 19yr daughter & a 6yr son!!Yea it can be trying at times but I'd do it all over again!!Nothing beats the feeling when yer kids tell you "I love you mom" for the first time or when they say "Thanks" for being there for them, no matter what!! My 6 yr old has some developmental problems as well, goes with being a premmie tho, 2lbs 51/2oz 14 inchs long. Mainly social skills tho!! Hard to imagine one of my kids having a hard time speaking up for themselves tho!! I'm not shy, its outta my mouth quicker than thru my mind!!my 2 oldest don't have that problem tho!! Are you quiet cuz yer shy or just naturally quiet??I'm outgoing, naturally loud(deep voice!!been mistaken fer a man on the phone!!!) kinda laid back type of mom.Anything else youd like to know??
Well I am outspoken to my family and people that I knew for a long time, but when it comes to meeting people I am stand-offish .  I don't think that highly of myself which makes me think that people are not going to like me.  My voice is soft, people are always saying that I need to speak up.  I guess I am just too self conscious. 
TFLPMOMMY
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Welcome Dana,

I am a mom of 4, ages 8,4,3 and 1!  My 3 yr old could not hear properlyfor the first 2 yrs of her life, she got tubes and can now hear, but speaking is another story!  Because she couldn;t hear she never learned how to properly form words!  She is trying so hard, but gets frusterated and reverts to screaming quite often when we can't understand her! 
Probably not the same problems as your child but we are out here for you and are ready to listen when you need to let it out!!!

message me anytime!

Kristen
Dlopez1328
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Well my daughter almost lost her life at 5 months because of lack of oxygen.  She was in the hospital for a week, and for 2 of those days she was in a comma.  She made a remarkable recovery.  So I know that she could do anything that she tries to do. After that she was having seizures that we did not know that she was having. We didn't know until she was 1 years old.  So when she was finally given medication for them she stopped.  But she wasn't really diagnosed with a perticular learning delay.  But she gets therapies in three areas, physical, occupational, and speech.  She is abut to be 4 and she is at a 2 1/2 year old level. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)