Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Heartbeat in softspot

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

My SO and I just noticed recently that we can see our 3 mo. old baby's heartbeat through the soft spot on her head!!!! Is this normal??? I am sure it is but how weird we both noticed at different times. I noticed last week and didn't say anything to him and he just noticed and told me. Anyone else experience this???

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:28 AM

It's the throbbing. It creeped me out but completely normal. I didn't notice it until my son went bald on just the top of his head, then it stuck out. lol.

monkeysmom21006
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Yup, you can see it on DD, too!!! Her hair's really thick though, so it's a little harder. It freaked me out the first time!

HipMama08
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:29 AM

I noticed this too when my daughter was first born! I asked the nurses when she was sick in the hospital because that's when I noticed. They said it's totally normal for it to do that!!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by ♥Tinkerbell♥ on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:30 AM

As far as I know it is normal, I have always been able to put my hand over my sons soft spot and I can feel his heart beat. He is a year old now, and I still can.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Yep, its normal.

kle
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:32 AM

THis is completely normal--don't worry about it.  As the soft spot grows closed and as the baby gets hair you won't notice it anymore.

gigglefiend121

It is normal, and totally used to creep me out. I would avoid looking at the top of my son's head because it creeped me out so much

svenskama

perfectly normal

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Normal. And no different then being able to feel your pulse in your neck or wrist. It's just where the skin in thin and there aren't bones(yet) I think it's cool to watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)