Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

14-MONTH OLD FEEDING SCHEDULE MEAL PLAN/SCHEDULE?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

I need some help, my baby is losing weight and I dont know if it is just normal due to her age or if i am not feeding her enough.  I feed her about 8 am a meal with a sippy with juice then about a half hour to 45 minutes later I give her 6 to 8 ounces of milk with some cereal/viatmins  at about 130pm, I do the same sort of meal/solids and sippy and then milk 30 to 45 minutes later and then again at 6PM.  She also usually eats whatever I eat during the day.  I mean, she is eating less and preferring her bottle right now because 4 teeth are coming in. 

What do you feed your 12-16-month olds?  What snacks do you recommend? How often do you feed them?

by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommyto3As
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 3:14 AM

I always wondered myself. My DD is 10 mos and has only gained 3oz in 3 mos. She has been eating a lot less. I feed her breakfast and dinner. She snacks with me all day and has about 3-4 6 oz bottles daily. I try to feed her more often, but I don't push it. She will let me know when she is hungry and I will stop when she pushes it away. Her doctor said just to let her decide.  

*I give her fruit and veggies wheels, banana cookies and cereal bars from Gerber*

proudgrammie07
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Children start slowing down in their weight during this time so it is normal. As long as the children are eating and drinking and your not withholding food/drinks she'll be fine. Its your first yr that they grow so flippin fast after that it really slows down. I would say 3 solid meals, @ least 3 snacks during the day and as long as she isnt replacing her bottle for actual food-dr's really frown on that b/c it does limit their nutrition and if she drinks b4 a meal then she really wont eat much due to the drink taking up the space.

bxbsmommy
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 8:44 AM

The doctor told me that my son would be less interested in eating...he's 15 months now and he first told me this at his 12 month checkup. And sure enough my son would rather play and run around rather eat.  He is also drinking a lot less milk too.  He usually will only drink it at night and early in the morning.  My son is also getting to the point when he will let me know if he's hungry by taking me to the refrigerator.

The last point I want to make is that my son has become less interested in baby food. He knows the difference so he won't eat his food he'll come for my table food.  So maybe trying to feed your daughter table food will increase his eating habits.

For breakfast I will usually give him instant grits or oatmeal

Lunch I will try to give him baby food, but if he doesn't eat that I will give him vienna sausages, kraft macaroni and cheese, or anything that I may have cooked the night before.  I do the same for dinner. If I don't cook I will just cook him some green beans.

His snacks usually include cheese puffs, grahm crackers, oranges, bananas, yogurt, and fruit smoothies.

Daniela707
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM

9am we eat breakfast

11am we have a snack

1pm we eat lunch

430 pm we have a snack

7pm eat dinner

The afternoon snack can vary depending on how much he sleeps.. We dont use bottles anymore so he gets a sippy cup with every meal and snack..

RottenFifteener
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 8:58 AM

My son just turned 16 months, but this has been our schedule since 13 months:

8 or 8:30: breakfast, usually fruit and bread or cereal

12 or 12:30: lunch, usually half a sandwich, a couple of crackers, and veggie or fruit

4: snack, dry cereal or bread, crackers, whatever we have that's healthy anf filling

6: dinner, whatever we're eating (meats, pastas, veggies, etc)

and sippies of water or milk or watered down juice with every meal and one or two in between

Losing weight is normal at your son's age, according to my pedi.  My son is slimming out quite a bit too and not eating nearly as much as he used to--his portions have almost been halved.

slayerslegacy
by Shakespeare on Jan. 12, 2009 at 9:03 AM

My son just turned one on Saturday. He refused baby food at around eight months and quit the bottle at ten. He eats all regular food. He loves waffles, pancakes, toast, potatoes, macaroni & cheese, pasta & meatballs, etc. He eats pretty much anything. He has three meals a day and snacks a little here and there. He really loves cereal bars, so he tends to eat two of them a day as snacks.

Trystan Mychael-Alexander - January 10, 2008

lyrick24
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 9:09 AM

My grandson is 10 mo's old and he and his mother live with me. He no longer likes any kid of babyfood in a jar. He likes to eat what we eat. For breakfast he likes things like sausage links cut up  with toast and jelly or the soft part of the biscuit and scrmbles eggs or applesauce, diced peaches or pears. He likes pancakes and oatmeal and things like that. He is off the bottle so he gets a cup of milk before he lays down for his morning nap. And then for lunch he usually eats something like miniravioli, chicken noodle soup with the noodles cut up really well or mac and cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and  he likes ham cut up in little pieces or chicken breast stips(the soft ones) cut up into pieces with green beans or grilled cheese and some fruit. He will also eat crushed pineapple. We usually give him juice or water with his meals and then he has another cup of milk before he lays down for his afternoon nap and when he get up he has his supper which is usually what we fix which is similar to lunch but sometimes has something with hamburger or potatoes or chicken in it. We cut up everything real fine for him and he picks it up himself and that is the way he likes it. Then before bed if he seems to want a snack we usually do a fruit of some kind or for a treat ice cream. And he gets one more cup of milk before he goes to bed. He's a big baby but NOT fat. He was big from the day he was born and he weighs about 28 lbs. But there is not a roll of fat on him. The biggest thing is he just doesn't like baby food and he likes to feed himself.

Melissa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN