Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm Steaming

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 11:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
Tim and I broke up after a few good choice words today and now is threatening to fight for custody of the baby. I know he would never get it but he also is trying to use my other kids to do it. Men can be such a##holes!
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonfly06
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 12:42 AM
sorry to hear that. i hope you two can work things out.
jerszedragon
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 12:46 AM
Hunny I know what you are going threw...feel free to message me if you wanna talk!!
zoeysmom331
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Using your other kids is not gonna work. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good Luck!

ELISOTO310
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 1:09 PM
MEN CAN BE TOO MUCH AT TIMES, I HAD MY SONS DAD TELL ME ONCE DURING A HEATED ARGUMENT THAT HE WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING MY SON FROM ME. WHAT A JOKE. ON WHAT GROUNDS? HE'D HAVE TO PROVE YOU WERE UNFIT. HE'S JUST TALKING CRAP. HE PROBABLY WOULDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIM. HE'S TRYING TO PUSH YOUR BUTTONS. DONT ALLOW IT. TAKE CARE.
annamarie1976
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 1:20 PM
i am so sorry to hear that!!! i will keep you in my prayers.
dethbychoclet
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 1:50 PM
In this day and age, it is still very rare that a man can get custody of any child.  I wouldn't worry all that much about it even though what he is doing is causing you stress.  What he is doing with your other children is wrong and it is only hurting the children involved.  Are they his biological children?  If not, I would try to avoid contact between them if he doesn't have any parental rights.  I would contact an attorney to find out your rights.
Stargazer_Mommy
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Unless you've been snorting heroin off your baby's dresser, no judge on earth would take a child away from their mom. You have to _actually_ do bad stuff to get your kids taken away. It's just an empty threat that assholes make when they aren't getting what they want. Tell him to shove where the sun doesn't shine, then maybe he'll see how to pull his head out of his butt.

Stargazer
LauraBell2
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 2:38 PM
ya know what hun my mom and dad had the same problem and the judge will see right threw him i also had the same problem with my ex trying to take my 7 month old away from me.he got a lawyer and told her what he wanted and she told him he was crazy.the only way your kids would ever get taken from you is if your a drug addict or a prostitutue.hes crazy for even trying if he does.hell be waisting his time and money if he get a lawyer!!!
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM
Get a good lawyer. And document EVERYTHING that he does and says in a notebook. You may not use it against him in court but it may show a pattern of behavior. As to him using the older kids, he is being unfair and I would also document what they kids are telling you. Unless you are a horrible mother it is unlikely that he would get custody. You are in my prayers.
cmarvmommy74
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 8:48 PM
yes they can and I'm really sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)