Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help with understanding kids with ADHD

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
hello looking for moms who know about ADHD because my sister who is 15 and has ADHD and i really dont know much about . she had moved in with me and my family almost a year ago 
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Twinkie76
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:25 PM
there are lots of groups on cafemom about ADHD where you can get some advice too

brittany102
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:25 PM
well my son has adhd and he is only 6 but i no how it feels to have a child with adhd and if u want to chat i will love to chat about this anytime.
mommie0ffive
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:27 PM
I have 2 sons that has adhd...the best advice i can give is to have alot of patience...and be very understanding.....talk to your sister dr about meds and counseling.....need anyone to talk to then just leave me a message....
Zamsmom
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:35 PM

I have a 15 year old son that has ADHD. Patience is a must, sticking to rules a must, and unconditional love. But you have heard all that before i suppose. Need an open line of communication with your sister,and her docs, and school counselers, and any other counselers she may have. Listen to what others have to say, take everything  in and then make your own decisions about what treatments you are going to use. and what works the best for her and your family. If you need to talk to someone just drop me a line, I don't have all the answers,and some may be wrong but I can listen and understand what you are and will be going through. Emily

proudmommyto121
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:45 PM
i was diagnosed with adhd when i was younger. i have a mild case in which i don't NEED medicine. but i know i can't sit still or pay attention very long, and when i was younger i would have drastic changes... i would go from being calm to very hyper pretty quickly. um that's all i really know about it. it is  a hyper and attention disorder.
Dimples79
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:48 PM
THESE ARE CAFEMOM GROUPS THAT  MAY HELP YOU

ADHD and us!

Moms w/ kids w/ ADHD and /or Bi POLAR, etc.... 

Dollbaby03
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 3:53 PM
I do know can affect each child different.I have 2 boys that have it.And one had more trouble then other.They recommeded a special diet.It did help a little bit.
Robin
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Hi,

Nice to meet you! 

The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups. You may want to visit these Cafemom groups...

ADHD and us!
Moms w/ kids w/ ADHD and /or Bi ...

To find other groups, click 'find groups' and search for topics...if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here.  You may want to check out the post Getting Started - Making Friends.

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN