Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

stork bite or angel kiss BIRTHMARKS?? ~UPDATE w/ recent pic~

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM
  • 56 Replies

Poll

Question: would you get it removed?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 142

View Results

my daughter was born with one on her forehead and eyelids. she is now two, and it has faded a little, but it's still there. The doctor said if it didn't go away by the time she turned two it would most likely stay. Does anyone else have a child with these birthmarks? or had one that has dissapeared?

here is a pic of her as a baby

thanks for all your comments and pics. my only reason for thinking of removing it is that i'd hate for her to be teased when she starts school...for those of you who has/had a child with one at what age did it dissapear? i saw a few pics of very similar birthmarks...hers is the v-shaped birthmark on her forehead as well...is this more common than i think it is?

here's a recent pic...you can't really see the birthmark in this pic though because of the flash...you can see it a little in the 2nd though.....

if your child had one would you get it removed?

***join my group "stork bites, angel kisses & other birthmarks"

http://www.cafemom.com/group/29768

by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyBrooke915
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM

They go away on thier own, all my kids had them

hedtrippe
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I wouldnt if you could plus they go away my cousins all had them over the age of two but they are gone now and my ds has stork bites still but they are only really noticeable when hes cries.

im married to military but hate the army,co-sleeping,montissori schooling,athiest,pro choice,breastfeeding kinda gal so now that we got that outta the way its nice to meet you

MommyRuby2008
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I don't know why anyone would want to get a birthmark removed unless it was somehow harmful or hindering to the child. I believe children are born to be the way they are and unless there is good reason to change it why tamper with their individuality?

melissa089
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM

my little girl Elizabeth has stork bites on the back of her head by her neck and my other little girl Sadie had it on her left eyelid... hers went away a little bit. but Elizabeth still has hers.

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM

my eldest has a birthmark and i did not elect to have it removed. now that she is older. now we are discussing removal

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM

My nephew had one on his forehead when he was born. He's now five and the only time you can see it is when he's crying or overly excited over something. 

I wouldn't have them removed.  How would they remove them from eyelids anyway?!?!?

Mom2ZekNYliana
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM

My DD had them pretty prominently as well, but they went away. 

Mommy to Zekeriah and Yliana
Tiffatoe
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I have one...it has faded greatly over time and is barely noticeable...but its also on my tummy. My niece has her birthmark on her face and there was some discussion on having it removed because it was pulling on her eye, but is is getting smaller every year and at the age of ten, you can barely see it and she will be able to cover it with make-up.

ashleighmcg
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

my daughter had them on her face too. she also has them on the back of her head and nape of her neck. the ones on her face have faded (shes 21 months) but the ones on her neck are still there. when she gets mad or hot they get brighter.

Fellie
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

My almost 3 year old still has one on her right eyelid and I love it.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN