Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried about my DD

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

As  some of you know about my DD, this past weekend she had an accident and we were in the hospital, she has a hairline fracture and a big black eye and a knot on her forhead..well i was bored and re reading her discharge papers and they say, do not bump head...well how do to stop a toddler from that?

The night we came home, she was dancing in the kitchen while i was making somthing to eat and she  bumped into the fridge singing "fishy fishy" and not paying attention, she fell on her butt and then fell backwards and hit the back of her head on the floor, she cried, but i dont think she really hit it that hard..but im worried about her, what if it did more damage, shes acting fine, laughing and playing.  im just a mess about the whole thing...

if you dont know the story, here is the link to post i made about what happend along with pictures.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/boards/read/7256625/DD_is_in_the_hospital_A_FEW_MORE_PICS_FROM_TODAY_HER_EYE_IS_BAD

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:10 AM

can you call the nurses line? they could tell you whether or not to bring her in. hope she feels better!

BUT

KorTai02
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Yeah...  you can defitley  call the nurse line at the  hospital .. I believe more then anything to watch her   ..  for  cautions of  concusions... etc...  Which  would be  vomiting ....etc... What toddlers  arent  going to fall or bump into something your  right, just be warry of things like  vomiting  etc

kirasmommy7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:17 AM

She goes to the doctor on Thursday for a hospital  follow up. Not sure if they are going to order another CT Scan or not...but they didnt tell me she had a cuncuission, she never threw up or anything she acted normal right afterwards

jaysmommy04
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I am sure everything is fine, but if the papers said for her not to bump her head then maybe you should take her to see her doctor as soon as possible, just to get it checked out... you can never be too careful with children, sometimes even the slightest thing can be a big thing ( not trying to scare you, just concerned) and maybe ask if it would help if she was to wear one of those helmet things, I don't know what they are called but I have seen young children wear them when they to protect their head. I hope everything is OK with your LO.

BabyMommy_3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM

She will probably be fine, although if it would make you feel better you could probably call her pediatrician and ask about it...or the hospital even.

I don't know how anyone can stop a toddler from bumping their head...mine do it on a daily basis...I can't imagine trying to make them stay still. It would probably make the situation worse!

Poor little lady!!! That looked so painful!!!

kirasmommy7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:31 AM

bump..anyone else? i think im going more crazy about it because i dont want anything to happen to her..what if she does bump her head again, and it does hurt her..i dont want people to think bad things...i love her more than life itself and i just kills me that this even happend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)