Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:19 AM
  • 8 Replies

So Im trying the CIO method tonight! My DS has really gotten into wanting to be rocked to sleep (mostly because of my mom doing this!) Well he used to be able to go to sleep on his own and I really miss it. He has been crying and stopping and crying again for the past hour or so and Im starting to get worn down. I want to go pick him up, I hate hearing him be so upset. I know Im doing the right thing because right now he is just fighting sleep but its still hard! Tell me I am doing the right thing.

If you are against CIO, please no bashing!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsDuNn06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM

it will get better! i bought my son a little cd player for his room and bought a lullaby cd. i play it for him through out the night. it helped a lot!

preview imagepreview image

preview image

ChristineSellsT
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Take a bath, watch tv, do the dishes...something to get your mind off of him crying. He is just fighting sleep at this point...no need to make yourself feel bad. This is the method you chose so stick to your guns and you'll make it through.

MissAndrea125
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I probably don't have much good advice, I hold mine too much each time she needs to go to sleep ..... I don't think I have ever put her down when she wasn't already asleep.

LukesMommy912
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I had to be held down to let my baby cio. It gets better, it really does. I'm glad I did it because now he can sleep on his own. Good luck :~)

katie2007709
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM

me too!!  it did help a lot...

i was against cio but didnt have a choice and dd does great now, do what feels right mama

Quoting MrsDuNn06:

it will get better! i bought my son a little cd player for his room and bought a lullaby cd. i play it for him through out the night. it helped a lot!

Tired of being ignored??  Come join us at the post killahs!!  You will always get a response on your forums!! big smile mini

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97050

jenny677823
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I always did CIO nev er held or rocked him to sleep and hes just fine and sleeps perfect in his OWN bed with no tv no  music no anything...he'll get used to it and it'll be fine...find something to occupy your time so your not thinking bout it

Don't have time to IM? Don't like it? Would rather text instead? Well come join me in our group for TEXTING MAMAS!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/89786

KorTai02
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Hey... I understand .. but seriously  DONT GIVE UP ..I have a friend in my  march  group who  is going through this and  bam  within a weeks  time  her DD.. finally  goes out on her own no binky bottle  etc.. It IS  HARD>...  hearing  them etc.. BUT I PROMISE you well worth it.. !  I did it with all my kids...  after  itook my Shylah  off my boob at 8mth( teeth) and  no more co-sleeping she inher crib and   never crys or fuss...   just passes  out... she  sleeps well 8hrs .. and i have my  bed back !

GOOD  LUCK AND  HANG IN THERE  HIGH FIVE!

Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

thanks everyone! about 5 minutes ago he fell asleep, now it seems too quiet lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)