Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sticking his fingers in his ears?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM
  • 6 Replies

My LO is almost 14 months old and about 3 weeks ago he was diagnosed with double ear infections and given antibiotics. Before we realized he was sick he was  poking in his ears. Well, it is 3 weeks later and he is still doing it? I figured it was related to his infection, and so I don't know if maybe he still has  an infection, or if it is unrelated?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sckeen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM

my son does that also. Hes 3 now and wont stop. He had tubes put into his ears the tubes fell out. THey want to put tubes back in his ears, but i am afraid it will do more damage then what its worth.

I cant get my son to stop. HE will walk around with his whole ear pushed in. and he also gets it to squeak

kimber2465
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:38 AM

my youngest has alwasys had a problem with ear infections.  you child very well may a ear infection still. They don't always clear up the first going around. Also having tubes put in again( after they fallen out) will not do anymore harm. ear infections are not something to play around. if left untreated  it will affect their hearing.  we are looking at her having to get a hearing aide ( maybe) after the next hearing test. She just had one ear surgery right before thanksgiving. the ear infection wasn't clearing up. come to find out that there were two growths.

sckeen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Right I know that. But they said that if you have the tubes put in again there will be a chance that it will mess up his ear drum and the hole will never close.

Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Take him to the doctor.  Better safe than sorry.

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:47 AM

idk - my dd is 15mo old and has been sticking everything in her ears!! dnt know why, shes never had an ear infection and doesnt seem to be in pain. she has her 15mo well check 2moro and im having them look at hear ears....here a bump thoU!!!!

wisconsin-momma.gif

CRains5136
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Sorry you are going through this, but to be honest if my kids had just stuck to the ears i could whave handled it. You would NEVER believe what they have stuck other places!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)