Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do u think?? *update*

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:30 AM
  • 33 Replies

k so i dont wanna get bashed for doing this...but im 36 weeks today and last week the doctor gave me the go ahead for him to come out as long as he stayed one more week...well i was holding off on having fun with hubby! so that i didnt go into labor but...sry if tmi...i didnt want to hold off any longer! and now im having contractions every 5 minutes to the dot! i could set my watch 2 them! but anyways my question is how many of you have had some fun and then gone right into labor? or soon after? or do u  know of someone that did? or am i gettin my hopes to far up?? im very anxious!  if this did work for u was it the frist time u tried or did it take a couple times??

*edit* i forgot to mention ive been having regular contractions for about 2 weeks now and as of last week was 1cm and 50% effaced...if that makes a difference..

**well hes still in there and im still at home...they got stronger and were 3-4 mins apart but by around 2 or 3 they slowed back down to 5 mins and i was able to fall asleep...i woke up a lot during the night and they are still coming pretty regluarly but not enough for me to go to L&D....i do have more pressure pains this morning so i hope it is atleast progressing me some but i have an appt tomorrow if nothing happens today so we will see....*sigh* so nothing yet.....

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandilynn4107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM

sex always brought on bh for me... it actually started them at 28 weeks and i had to go on bed rest.. GL!

4evrbabysluv
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

yeah im hoping they are not just BH! but im not sure..ever since that first trip to the hospital for having early regular contractions im not really sure what to go in for! so im trying to make sure its the real thing before i go in!

Quoting brandilynn4107:

sex always brought on bh for me... it actually started them at 28 weeks and i had to go on bed rest.. GL!

LisaKelz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

my dh's best friend's wife went into labor not even 15 mins after "having fun" :)

sckeen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:37 AM

It didnt do that to me. So I really cant help you. Heres a bump

mommymary6507
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM

I would make a call, it may be time...GOOD LUCK!!!

Quoting 4evrbabysluv:

hard labor? or just starting off regular?

4evrbabysluv
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM

hard labor? or just startin regular?

Quoting LisaKelz:

my dh's best friend's wife went into labor not even 15 mins after "having fun" :)

LisaKelz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Quoting 4evrbabysluv:

Quoting LisaKelz:

all i know is that Ricky (the daddy) joked that they "had fun" around 10pm & their son was born at 2am...lol, he said if he'd known it would happen that fast he wouldnt have had sex until the morning!! lol.

4evrbabysluv
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:45 AM

when should i go in tho? its been going on for offically an hour now.. so how long should i wait? i dont want to be sent right back home! this is my first baby if u cant tell lol

Quoting mommymary6507:

I would make a call, it may be time...GOOD LUCK!!!

Quoting 4evrbabysluv:

hard labor? or just starting off regular?

4evrbabysluv
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:46 AM

haha yeah mines already knocked out! just a snoring away! but wow that was quick!!

Quoting LisaKelz:

Quoting 4evrbabysluv:

Quoting LisaKelz:

all i know is that Ricky (the daddy) joked that they "had fun" around 10pm & their son was born at 2am...lol, he said if he'd known it would happen that fast he wouldnt have had sex until the morning!! lol.

2cute2bemom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:49 AM

wait til they are 3 mins apart for an hour, then call your doc tell him about your progression and let the doc make a suggestion from there. However if your water breaks before then haul your ass to the hospital lickety split. hope this helps. good luck and congrats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)