Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where did you find your babysitter?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hey ladies..

I am just looking for suggestions on places to look for babysitters.. My daughter goes to daycare three days a week during the day while I am in school, and she spends the evenings (until 2 am)  with my parents on Friday and Sunday nights when I bartend. I have a girlfriend with a 13 year old daughter that I let watch Jillian for a couple hours sometimes, when I really need to... But I'd like to find a really reliable mature teenage babysitter that could watch her for a few hours here and there during the week every now and then so I can go on a date or out to dinner. Or even an entire Saturday night once in a while. I hate having to ask my parents to watch her, mostly because I hate them knowing exactly how many dates I've had in a week or two, how late I stayed out, what I wore... lol.. etc.

All I know is that I bought my first car when I was 16 with 2000 cash I had saved from three years of odd babysitting jobs.. It was my life before I had one, lol. So why is it so hard to find a good teenage babysitter?!?! Where did you find yours?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Crystallynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:02 AM

you could try the high school, or the local churches.  I found my babysitter through Girl Scouts....

Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Mine lives down the street, I didn't find her, her Mom found me.  She really wanted her daughter to earn some cash.  Before that I used a babysitting service.  Yeah its expensive and many people are afraid to use them, but I always got great sitters.

brandilynn4107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM

i would look in a church youth group or something. i am a teenager and i babysit my own baby :P  or you could try one of your friends if any of them have children, they could have a play date or something... heres a bump!

hannies_momma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:06 AM

advertise at the local college. always some students wanting to pick up some extra cash. Also a church bulletin board is good.

ashandmasysmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I found my babysitter thru the redcross. It just so happens she lives two doors down from me. I trust her with my kids, she has CPR and first aid training. She also had me fill out papers with my girls allergies, medication(one has asthma). She is great with my kids and they love her. It is to the point that they ask if Tasha can babysit, my five year old says "mommy dont you need a night out, because I want TAsha to come play with me".

hannies_momma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:09 AM

let me tell you though, I was a better babysitter when I was 13, then when I was an older teen. When I was older I spent most of my time on the phone with my boyfriend.

CarterMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:10 AM

mine was at the hospital the day i was born... lol - my dad is really the only person that watches my boys... that or my inlaws or my sister when she lived close.

ONCE one of my hubby's co workers watched them for the night --- i'm just way too paranoid about letting a teenager around my babies... there are a bunch in my neighborhood but i'd probably only trust the one that lives next door cause i know his parents really well (and they live next door lol)

when i babysat it was always my mom's friends kids ---  so maybe you should try to make friends that have teenagers lol good luck

shebearncub
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Church.....thats where I find mine!

Whomever you find do require that they have First Aid/CPR training. Better safe then Sorry and you will just feel better. Its very cheap to get certified and lets you know they are really serious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)