Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe Obama is just smoke and mirrors...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:08 AM
  • 20 Replies

did you see how he lifted a whole nation today, just by raising his hand?!?happy

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I guess I missed that...

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:11 AM

I was lifted. It was truly magical..

korbynsmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Not to worry....it's getting replayed ALOT!! LOL

Quoting dusky_rose:

I guess I missed that...

BCGirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:22 AM

I can not believe you posted this statement.

Now that W is out of office our nation can heal and as Americans we need to learn to respect the Oval office once again.  Like our nation once did, as a PEOPLE,

President Obama, will teach and lead us to respect the Office of Presidency again as a nation.  Slavery as  an oppression was born abroad, but it ended and was healed here in America.  That is what has been celebrated, by the mere fact his Father is from Kenna. President Obama GAVE the office back to ALL AMERICANS if you have listened to one thing in the media today, you should have at the very least received that message. Freedom was the reason our forefathers fled Europe, every one had been oppressed. Granted to diffrenet degrees, but it is a fact.

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:24 AM

will it ever end???banging head into wall give the man a chance..damn its not even been 24 hrs lol

BUT

korbynsmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM

WTH? What post did you read?  It was supposed to be sarcastic...some people have said he's just smoke and mirrors, and I was saying maybe they're right bc today was magical.  Sorry you didn't get it!

Quoting BCGirl:

Now that W is out of office our nation can heal and as Americans we need to learn to respect the Oval office once again.  Like our nation once did, as a PEOPLE,

President Obama, will teach and lead us to respect the Office of Presidency again as a nation.  Slavery as  an oppression was born abroad, but it ended and was healed here in America.  That is what has been celebrated, by the mere fact his Father is from Kenna. President Obama GAVE the office back to ALL AMERICANS if you have listened to one thing in the media today, you should have at the very least received that message. Freedom was the reason our forefathers fled Europe, every one had been oppressed. Granted to diffrenet degrees, but it is a fact.

korbynsmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Again, you didn't get what I was saying....sorry!

Quoting JAX_Mami:

will it ever end???banging head into wall give the man a chance..damn its not even been 24 hrs lol

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM

sorry lol i need to take my butt to sleep! my eyes are starting to bleed lol

Quoting korbynsmama:

Again, you didn't get what I was saying....sorry!

Quoting JAX_Mami:

BUT

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:37 AM

*I* got it, lol..no worries..

BCGirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Smoke and mirrors refer to an allusion.......No he is very real and just by running for office has brought a diversenation together.  I watched ABC all day, so if some talking head  on another channel referred to the President that way, they should had choose their words better.  Especially after the man that just left office, whom played a lot of tricks on our nation.

Quoting korbynsmama:

WTH? What post did you read?  It was supposed to be sarcastic...some people have said he's just smoke and mirrors, and I was saying maybe they're right bc today was magical.  Sorry you didn't get it!

Quoting BCGirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)