Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His poop stinks! Is this normal?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:35 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have a baby who is only 5 days old and his poop stinks..BAD! My 19 month olds poop didn't start stinking until he was a month or two old. But oh my goodness....it's BAD! DH and I agreed that he would change the baby's diapers since they don't stink and I would change our 19 month olds diapers (weak bladder and can't potty train yet...) but now that it stinks I'm stuck with both diapers hahaha.. But is it normal for their poop to stink this soon or were we just lucky with our older son?

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amera11
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

I have a baby who is only 5 days old and his poop stinks..BAD! My 19 month olds poop didn't start stinking until he was a month or two old. But oh my goodness....it's BAD! DH and I agreed that he would change the baby's diapers since they don't stink and I would change our 19 month olds diapers (weak bladder and can't potty train yet...) but now that it stinks I'm stuck with both diapers hahaha.. But is it normal for their poop to stink this soon or were we just lucky with our older son?

ususally if babies are breast feed there poo has odor right away.
Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:36 AM

It's POOP! It is not gonna smell like roses. I think you lucked out with your first one.

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:38 AM
He's on formula
Quoting amera11:

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:38 AM
My friends sons didn't stink either, it just had no odor.
Quoting Brooke501:

It's POOP! It is not gonna smell like roses. I think you lucked out with your first one.

julionna_lion
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Quoting amera11:

Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

ususally if babies are breast feed there poo has odor right away.

Really? I breastfed my daughter until she was three months old...and as soon as I switched her to formula her poop started to stink....LOL  I thought it was the formula making her stink (because that stuff smells so bad compared to breastmilk) but maybe it was just coincidence?

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Shit stinks. Sorry.

mom2Hayleigh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Breastfed babies poop smells sweet. It may be the formula he is on. Try a different kind. Does he have a lot of gas also?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)