Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh I can't sleep....I think I am depressed or something

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:36 AM
  • 17 Replies

I feel like crap and I can't sleep. I don't even know why I feel like crap but I do. I guess I just want so much more out of life and it seems like I am taking the long way to get there.

Anyone else cant sleep or feeling misrable?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crystallynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:38 AM

I cant sleep either.  Mine is more stress related than anything else.  There is so much going on and on top of that I have the WORST head/chest cold I have ever had in my life- it is driving me crazy!

Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM

I have insomnia so yeah I am awake most nights until around 3. I also find that if I am depressed about something then I cant sleep. I lay awake thinking about all kinds of crap so I cant sleep. Vicious cycle!

MrsCarlet
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM

I feel that way sometimes, not all the time.  I have been diagnosed with depression, several years ago, I was on medication and therapy, but am better now, but still have my days.  I hope you feel better soon.

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I know I am so stressed, I was laid off and I am collecting unemployment which is crap for money. We lost or van, we are behind on the rent and I feel like I am falling deeper into a hole I cant get out of.

I hope you feel better soon

Quoting Crystallynn:

I cant sleep either.  Mine is more stress related than anything else.  There is so much going on and on top of that I have the WORST head/chest cold I have ever had in my life- it is driving me crazy!

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM

I am right there with you. I had insomnia really bad when I was a teenager and I feel like it is coming back the last few weeks. It sucks because I start my classes again thursday and I will have to be up early again.ugh

Quoting Brooke501:

I have insomnia so yeah I am awake most nights until around 3. I also find that if I am depressed about something then I cant sleep. I lay awake thinking about all kinds of crap so I cant sleep. Vicious cycle!

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Thanks I hope so too, lol

Quoting MrsCarlet:

I feel that way sometimes, not all the time.  I have been diagnosed with depression, several years ago, I was on medication and therapy, but am better now, but still have my days.  I hope you feel better soon.

Crystallynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM

i hear ya!  I still have my job but...... I dont know for how long.  My dh is ARMY and they keep screwing up his paperwork, so they are not helping out on our housing or anything the way they should be so money is super tight right now.  My mom is in the hospital after having brain surgery on 01/12/09- and she is still in ICU.  I found out a few weeks ago that I am pregnant with baby #3-DH still doesnt know.  I want to tell him when he comes home......I forgot how much all this stuff costs...... and now we will be moving soon, So i will get the joy of giving birth all alone in a strange place with no friends or family- Yeah me.......... and not to mention I am a little bit OCD and a control freak so the Army waiting last minute for everything is driving me freakin insane......

Ok- so now that I got that off my chest......... I hope things look up for you soon.

Quoting jahvarzionmomma:

I know I am so stressed, I was laid off and I am collecting unemployment which is crap for money. We lost or van, we are behind on the rent and I feel like I am falling deeper into a hole I cant get out of.

I hope you feel better soon

Quoting Crystallynn:

MamaTT68
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I know exactly how you feel and it's miserable.Depression can cause many problem's and does NOT go away on it's own.Have you considered talking to a Therapist?I have been diagnosed with severe depression and PTSD (posst  traumatic stress disorder) caused by year's of abuse,physical and mental which definetely affects your mental state.I take a mood stabilizer called Lamictal and it is my wonder drug.lol Seriously though,we are only human and we can only take so much shit before we break down and you can't keep things inside to try to work out on your own,it's sometimes more than we can handle.You need to open up and talk to someone.ANYONE! Someone that will listen and take it (you) seriously and not just blow it off to something minor,because what might start out as something minor can and will turn into a MAJOR PROBLEM and could possibly affect more than just your sleep.Good Luck and I'm here if you just want another Mama to talk to.(SMILE)  "mamatt68"    P.S. have you heard of the group "INSOMNIACS" on C.M? Check it out,it's a great late night (anytime) group for us sleepless Mom's.

hugs

tt042868@hotmail.com     From:Kentucky

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Here..watch this. It always makes me smile..

I'm sorry. It'll get better, I promise..

NattysMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Yeah I am feeling really really really down right now...funny thing is I'm on anti-depressants....guess it's time to go back to the doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)