Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I keep doing this...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm gonna be divorced soon after a crappy end to my marriage...

But I can not get myself to stop watching wedding shows. I keep telling myself its just becuase I like seeing how the weddings come out after the planning. Seeing what dress the girls' pick out and the color scheme...what the flowers look like...Maybe I was suposed to be a wedding planner in another life. 

But am i fooling myself? am i watching because im sad that my marraige didnt work out? because im hoping like hell that i get to get married again someday? I had a beautiful wedding so it's not like im bitter that i never had the nice wedding.

its gotten to where i watch my wedding shows in privet becuase i dont want my parents seeing that im watching mroe of them. my dad commented on it once but to say that maybe i should be a planner.

i just dont know...anyone else addicted to wedding shows?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM

I did that too, after I left my ex-husband.

I think I just wanted affirmation that people could actually be happily married, so I wouldn't give up hope that someday, I'd experience that level of happiness.

Still waiting...

Razzle_Dazzle30
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 AM

I'm not addicted to the per se, but if I surf into one, I MUST watch it all the way to the end ;)  Maybe wedding planning would be a good idea for you if you're attracted to the beauty and anticipation and all those happy things.

gracielullaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle30:

I'm not addicted to the per se, but if I surf into one, I MUST watch it all the way to the end ;)  Maybe wedding planning would be a good idea for you if you're attracted to the beauty and anticipation and all those happy things.

I've thought about it but i have this issue with working weekends. I really want a structured schedule so my son knows whats happening when. Can't quite have that with wedding planning. gotta be around for those nutso brides 24/7

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I love to watch wedding shows but I do think that I should be a wedding planner or something because I love to help with weddings. I'm sorry that your marriage didn't work out, hugs. I think its normal is to sad about something that you had so much hope riding on... but whether you want to be a wedding planner or are just sad is something that only you can answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)