Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which bridesmaid dresses coordinate better with this wedding gown? (POLL)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: Which set of bridesmaid dresses go best with the wedding gown shown?

Options:

A. The Pinks~Reds

B. The Blues

C. I am with you... I just can't decide!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 93

View Results

My cousin is getting married at the end of July and she is struggling with selecting her bridesmaids dresses. She wants to have the same style dress for her bridesmaids, but wants to use different colors.

Here is her wedding gown:

Her dress has subtle pink metallic beading on it.

Here are the contenders for bridesmaids dresses:

A. The Pinks~Reds:

B. The Blues

My cousin is a young, new Mommy. Let's show her how nice CafeMomma's can be. Let's not let this be about anything else but helping her make a decision. Thank you!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheabtn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM

I like the lightest blue and lightest pink. I think they would accent the dress without looking obnoxious

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM

my sis actually had this same wedding dress.....or very similar!! like me find some pics for you!!!!

wisconsin-momma.gif

RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM

i vote other... go for sage green like the leaves on her dress. it'll bring out her pink flowers and is a flattering color on most people

aleitch
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:09 AM

i think it since it is a summer wedding she should go with blue, reminds me of water and summertime. is that the style dress she is going with for the bridesmaids or just the color scheme?

her dress is gorgeous by the way!!

Erin802
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I always liked it when all the brides maids had the same color dress but diff. styls that worked for their shape!!! I think the light pink looks good it looks like dress has a lil pink in it but it could just be the pic!! I would go with a lighter color the bride should be the one to stick out not the hot pink bides maids!!! Hope this helped!! Good luck!!!!

iainsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I think the rosey pink ( the last dress in the pinks) would be perfect it wouls accent the pink in the dress.

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:12 AM

I like the lighter shade of pink.

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:12 AM

here was the bridesmaid dresses:

this was the best close up of her dress i could find

and this one right next to me

i thought the color she picked out for our dresses went very well with her dress....

just an idea!! : )

wisconsin-momma.gif

Martina70
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:13 AM

The same style but different colours?  Sorry but that seems so strange to me, because I did the opposite at my wedding..we got it down to two styles of gowns and I left my brides maids choice what they thought looked best on them..but they kept the same colour- red- to look co-ordinated.

I don't know what to pick in your poll- as I like the red but not the pinks and I like the dark blue but not the light blues.

supermom200
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Quoting sheabtn:

I like the lightest blue and lightest pink. I think they would accent the dress without looking obnoxious

I thought that too. And more summery than the other colors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)