Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a bad mommy and she does not love me

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:37 AM
  • 18 Replies

That is what I have been told all day.  It started this morning when my daughter got ahold of the remote and changed the channel.  She switched it from the news to "Max and Ruby".  I had never seen this show, but apparently DH has watched it with her, because she knew who they were.  At first I thought that it could be a cute show.  Then I realized after about 10 minutes how horrible it was and I changed the channel.  Emma (2 and a half) screamed at me that I am a bad mommy and that she does not love me. 

About 30 minutes later (she ignored me this whole time) I had to leave to go to class.  As I was leaving I told her "bye love you"  she said "no mommy, I don't love you.  Your bad." 

Things have gotten a little better the rest of the day, but this still makes me sad.  I did not think I would have to deal with this stuff till she was a teenager. 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbaby9685
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:39 AM

I'm sorry your dealing with this :( my lil man the other day wouldn't kiss me goodnight cuz kissin girls is gross and hes only 2

Engaged to a wonderful hardworking man, Stay at home mom to two beautiful boys Trevor (2) and Trent (almost 3 months)
momintraining02
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:40 AM

My 4 yr odl tells me that I don't love her anymore when she does not get her way---your 2 yr old does not know what she is saying or how it makes you feel---try not to take it personal-----she loves you!!!!!!!

Mom to Taylor and Alaina--Wife to my Best Friend--living life one day at a time!!!

KortnChris
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:43 AM

I'm sorry your going through this. But children that young don't really understand what they are saying. They associate love with kindness and so forth. BTW I have an Emma also

Martina70
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Oh I am sorry :( I know that must have hurt to hear but ..I am sure I heard that if your kids never tell you that they hate you then you have failed at a parent :)

PS- what was the deal with the show that turned you off of it.

Razzle_Dazzle30
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:46 AM

hugs   I know it's rough to here, but she's just testing her limits :)  She loves you as much as you love her....kids just do those things!  Try not to let it get to you!

LauraMisch
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:46 AM

i think it's hilarious when my daughter is upset with me or my husband cause she couldn't have something and when we tell her we love her and ask if she loves us back she says, no, very lightly and under her breath.  then we ask why and it's always. "cause you make me mad" hahahah

as far as max and ruby - it's kind of annoying but it's not horrible.  my kids usually stick to educational cartoons but once in a while they get something just for fun and who am i to dictate what they can or can not watch? their mother yes, but that's silly.  as long as no one is being hurt, causing pain or setting negative examples there's no reason for me to say no.

Goin' on 3!!! Check out our progress and other fun tidbits @ http://mischbebes.blogspot.com/

mandy716
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:47 AM

Quoting Martina70:

Oh I am sorry :( I know that must have hurt to hear but ..I am sure I heard that if your kids never tell you that they hate you then you have failed at a parent :)

Well I did not like that there were no adults around, but even more than that, was the annoyance factor.  It was like in the 10 minutes it was on I suppose Ruby was supposed to be watching Max, but she was really too busy doing her own thing and he just kept repeating the same word over and over and over again.  I think it was the word Apple.  Then Rub ywould pick him an apple and then her and a friend would start doing their own thing- singing a song about making apple pie.  Then he would scream for an apple.  That went on for like 10 minutes and I could not take it any more. 

LauraMisch
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:57 AM

laughing

Quoting mandy716:

Quoting Martina70:

Well I did not like that there were no adults around, but even more than that, was the annoyance factor.  It was like in the 10 minutes it was on I suppose Ruby was supposed to be watching Max, but she was really too busy doing her own thing and he just kept repeating the same word over and over and over again.  I think it was the word Apple.  Then Rub ywould pick him an apple and then her and a friend would start doing their own thing- singing a song about making apple pie.  Then he would scream for an apple.  That went on for like 10 minutes and I could not take it any more. 

Goin' on 3!!! Check out our progress and other fun tidbits @ http://mischbebes.blogspot.com/

babygirl1980_07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:07 AM

That show is sooo annoying...lol My son gets mad at me and tells me hes not gonna be my best friend anymore..lol and hes moving in with his nana...or to pajan (japan) with his uncle darrel so he can go to the marines...so I always pack his bags and set them  by the door...lol that changes his mind real quick.

Mommyofthree691
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:09 AM
Its ok mama! All kids do this. I hear this from at least one of my younger two on a daily basis! They don't Ike being told no so I am bad mommy and they don't love me. I just ignore it. My oldest who is four now told me when she was two that she hated me and wanted a new mommy several times in one day. The last time she said it I went into the kitchen and grabbed a couple trash bags and went into her room and started throwing her clothes and toys in them and told her that it was fine that she hated me and wanted a new mommy I would find her one first thing in the morning. Mind you I was holding back tears this entire time and NO I wasn't actually gonna do it. Anyways she threw her arms around me and told me that she loved me and wanted to stay with me. I pulled her onto my lap and held her close as I explained that when she says those things to mommy it makes mommy sad and hurts mommy. She is four and a half now and has NEVER said that she wants a new mommy again. Now she just tells me that she is mad at me and doesn't want to talk to me right now and I tell her that's fine to be upset with mommy and to come talk to me when she is ready and within ten minutes she is back to her usual self and telling me she loves me bunches! Good luck momma. I hope things get better for ya!
Devin Rocarek, Proud Mommy of Three
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)