Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many of you have . . .

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:04 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a security object?

Options:

Yes (tell me what it is please)

No

other (because there always is an other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

I know this is going to sound odd, but I was just wondering how many of you have a security object.  I know it sounds silly and childish but I really want to know.  I have a blanket (go ahead and laugh I know it is silly) I have had it for about 14 years.  It is just a cheap white hospital blanket (cotton loose woven thing with holes in it), but I have to have it.  It has gone up and down the East coast with me every time I have traveled, it was with me during the birth of both my children and it has gone to Disney twice and Wild Adventures once.  I can't sleep without it, which is why I am up now (Dh spilled a can of coke on the bed and everything had to washed).

**Why do I have this blanket?  When I was about 7 months pregnant with my DD (who will be 14 years old next month), her father beat the ever loving crap out of me.  I was taken to the emergency room in nothing but a pair of panties and a Pajama top (tank top one at that), no shoes on or anything and his Mother left me there alone.  A lovely nurse gave me this blanket to cover up with until my mother showed up.  With the exception of a broken rib and some fingers I was fine, DD was fine and they said I could go home.  I tried to give the nurse the blanket (my mom brought me some clothes) but she told me to keep it.  I took it home with me and slept with it that night, and to this day I can not sleep with out it.

So what object, do you have that you have had for years and can not stand to be wth out?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LauraMisch
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:08 AM

my family

Goin' on 3!!! Check out our progress and other fun tidbits @ http://mischbebes.blogspot.com/

AnimalLover80
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:11 AM

I have a stuffed seal that my dad bought me when I was 3 at my first trip to SeaWorld. It's now 25 years old, missing an eye, split open with the stuffing coming out and I refuse to get rid of it. I still sleep with it on the bed and if my hubby ends up pushing it off the bed in the middle of the night and I wake up and can't find it, I turn on the lights and find it before I can go back to sleep.

Yes... it's childish, but considering everything I've gone through in my life, I still feel comforted by it, so whatever :)

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:12 AM

lol i thought you meant like pepper spray or a tazer or something!

lujenem3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:15 AM

bouncingI had not really thought of this until I read your post, but the fleece blanket with horses on it that my daughter made for me is one. It hasn't gone to the hospital with me, but I pretty much can't sleep without it. And the heart shaped pillow that I got from the hospital when I had heart surgery-guess I got used to sleeping with an arm thrown over the pillow all the time-LOL!!

lujenem3

brandilynn4107

lol! so did i

Quoting marilyn623:

lol i thought you meant like pepper spray or a tazer or something!

Mom2torandis

That is so sweet and I don't think it is childish at all.  My dd has a stuffed Minnie Mouse that she has had since the day she was born that up until last year she slept with in her bed.

Quoting AnimalLover80:

I have a stuffed seal that my dad bought me when I was 3 at my first trip to Sea World. It's now 25 years old, missing an eye, split open with the stuffing coming out and I refuse to get rid of it. I still sleep with it on the bed and if my hubby ends up pushing it off the bed in the middle of the night and I wake up and can't find it, I turn on the lights and find it before I can go back to sleep.

Yes... it's childish, but considering everything I've gone through in my life, I still feel comforted by it, so whatever :)

jaysmommy04
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:16 AM

I still have my sandi doll. My father bought it for me for christmas when I was 4. he dies a year later. IT has been patched up so many times...

MissInvisible
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:16 AM

I have a stuffed monkey my husband bought for me before his 1st deployment almost 6 years ago. Spanky sleeps with me every night. Drives my husband nuts to have to share his bed with a monkey lol. He goes on vacation with us and sat with us on the plane when we moved here.

cmjt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:17 AM

I have 2. One is my baby girl, If I'm holding her everything is ok, and if I'm upset if I have her its like everything is better. And my second one is weird, but my boots (cowboy boots) They are the only shoes I wear, and when I wear them its like I can do anything, especially since I'm so far away from my family and and everything i love like riding horses and roping. lol I know its goofy but thats just the way I am.

I'm the wife to a wonderful hard working Soldier, and a mother to a busy and beautiful 8 month old baby girl!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)