Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH. MY. GOD. (cursing)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

DD is STILL not staying asleep. This is the second night in a row. Last night / this morning I was up with her until 4am.  Can't let her cry it out, it'll wake up the neighbor kids (I live in a duplex), can't leave her door open or DS will wake her up when he gets up at about 6am and once she's up in the morning there's no going back to sleep, can't put a gate up cause she knows how to take them down.

This is getting REALLY old REALLY fast! What makes it even more infuriating is DH is sound asleep in bed. It's cool tho, because I took a two hour nap on the couch after the kids went to bed! That should have me good and refreshed for the next 24 fucking hours, apparently!

This is such a load of bullshit that because I don't "work" (bc I'm a SAHM it's not considered "working") I'M the one who's stuck staying up this freaking late every night, and I don't get so much as a nap the next day bc DH is just soooooo exhausted that HE has to get some extra sleep in. EVEN THOUGH last night / this morning I got 4 fucking hours of sleep. But HE needed a nap!

Mind you, I'm 10 weeks pregnant. But, who gives a shit, right? Obviously not my husband.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brandilynn4107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:25 AM

i know how you feel... i can lay my 3 month old down by dh when hes sleeping.. to ya know kinda hint  that i need help with him! but no he dont even hear it, ds would cry all night long if i didnt tend to it!

Mom2torandis
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:26 AM

wow,I am so sorry you are having a hard time with dd.  How old is she? is she up because she is not feeling well or is she just up t be up?

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Sorry mommy maybe try some tylonal maybe you have a teething baby : ) and you can only do what you can take care of your self

21noahsmama21
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Aw hun I'm sorry.  My DH used to be that way too, but I finally broke down and cried being so exhausted and he got the message.  He let me take a nap as soon as he got home and he got up w/ our son that night too.  And now it's ME who's not sleeping at night because of chronic insomnia.  Ambien doesn't even work, lol.  I hope she starts sleeping through the night/morning soon!  HUGS!

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:37 AM

omg, i know exactly how you feel, my dd was up until 5am last night, she's usually up til at least 3:30. its rediculous, i just can't seem to get her back on a schedule, and I am EXHAUSTED.  and dh says, 'just wake her up early'.   oh ok, why didn't I think of that?!!!!!!! dumbass. 

1.i'm too wiped out to get up early to get her up early, i've been having chest pains as it is.....

2. it does not matter how early she gets up, she still won't sleep at night, i've tried, and the couple of times when she was extremely tired from me getting her up she ended up taking a nap ,,,,,,,,,so the cycle starts all over again.

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:39 AM

She'll be 3 in 3 months. I don't know what it is, I don't believe she's sick or not feeling well. She says her back hurts, but that's also the excuse she gives me when she doesn't want to clean up her toys or brush her teeth lol.  

I'm pissed off more at my husband than the situation. It just seems to unbelieveably selfish to me. I feel silly for bitching so much about something like sleep, but being sleep deprived while prengnant is NOT good and definitely NOT healthy! And he just....doesn't care... Basically it comes down to he goes to work, I don't. Therefore he's numero uno.

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:42 AM

....and, I'm to the point now where I'm like why bother closing her door and sneaking off to bed? I know exactly what will happen. The same thing that happened the last 6 times I tried that. Shit, I'm contemplating just staying up til I have to put DS on the bus for school. It'll be easier than sleeping an hour and having to wake up again!

Let DH wake up to me STILL sitting on this computer. Maybe then he'd give a shit after physically seeing that I was in fact up ALL NIGHT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)