Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG IM GETTING MARRIED VALENTINES DAY!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:42 AM
  • 4 Replies

Long story short..Im getting married on Valentines day and just found this out YESTURDAY lol.. Me and SO are only haveing a small small ceremony consisting only our parents and siblings. We wanted to get married next month but could not pick a day. ANYWAYS my mother calls last night cause she is the one hosting the ceremony and after wards get together and asked me HOW ABOUT VALENTINES DAY!!.. i said Yes of course....I already have my dress picked out and what SO is wearing I already have my vows. The oher really cool thing is its also the day after my 21st birthday!! Sooo SO has no excuse to forget my b-day anniversery and V-Day lol.. I am going to be wearing a marlyin monroe dress that is red and he is going to be in black pants a red/wine shirt and a black tie.

I am going to have white roses and DD is going to be in a cute little dress.  Ok here is my problem.. Ihave been to 2 weddings in my life but for the life of me I can not remember how the ceremonys went lol.. Im having my Best friend marry us. (MAYBE) I have nto told her its in februaury yet lol.. sooo Can anyone give me their ideas or advice for the ceremony. OH AN ANOTHER THING... I AM A SIZE 12 and the dress comes in Sm, Med, and Lrg sooo what do you guys think would fit me best?

I will include my vows, and a pick of my dress...THANK YOU

I, (Bride's Name), take (you/thee), (Groom's Name), to be my [opt: lawfully wedded] husband, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love.
On this special [opt: and holy] day, I (affirm/reaffirm/give) to you in the presence of God and (all those in attendance/these witnesses) my (pledge/sacred promise) to stay by your side as your [opt: faithful] wife in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad.

I (promise/further promise) to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve (higher/all of your) goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

I, (Groom's Name), take (you/thee), (Bride's Name), to be my [opt: lawfully wedded] wife, knowing in my heart that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special [opt: and holy] day, I (affirm/reaffirm/give) to you in the presence of God and (all those in attendance/these witnesses) my (pledge/sacred promise) to stay by your side as your [opt: faithful] husband in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad.

I (promise/further promise) to love you without reservation, honor and respect you, provide for your needs as best I can, protect you from harm, comfort you in times of distress, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:45 AM

I think normally a large is 10-12, I'd go with that and if it's a little big you could get it taken in a bit for pretty cheap.

Congrats!

Gretchen0122
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:55 AM

I LOVE that dress! WOW! Beautiful! I think you should go with a large, I agree with the first post, you can have it taken in pretty cheap if it's too big.

Congratulations!

Laura4807
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:02 AM

You know what is really weird?

My name is Laura, my birthday is 3 days AFTER V-day.... (i'll be 20) ... and my S/O & I are getting married on Valentines day..... just decided last month.

lol..... Congratulations.

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:53 AM

Quoting JudeandLucy:

I think normally a large is 10-12, I'd go with that and if it's a little big you could get it taken in a bit for pretty cheap.

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)