Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

-$250

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

My DH called the bank on his lunch in the middle of the night and we are 250 overdrawn. I have no idea how...I keep up with our book really well. The bank doesn't open until 9AM and our online banking isn't working because I don't have the password!!! I am freaking out here...we should have $60 left until he gets paid today.WTH!!!!!

Home is what catches you when you fall! I hope my kids will always know this. And that is 100% true in my book!!!

I'm a 21 year old mommy of a son and a daughter both under 3. And I'm doing the best I can with what I've got!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kelly77968
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:06 AM

I am sorry mama! Sometimes the bank makes mistakes maybe it was one! I have had them do that to me before! You didn't have a check out that maybe you didn't know of or something that comes out automatically that you forgot about! If it did happen the bank will sometimes give you back and overdraft fees! Hope it goes well for you! :)

rarara11
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:11 AM

Ewwww...Good luck.  Just remember that tax time makes it all better.  lol

Kimarlene74
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:24 AM

do you have anything that comes out directly??  Also, I know with my bank if I put things though as a charge with my debit card they seem to take it out twice.... first a pre-authorization, then for real... then they put back the first amount.  I've seen a few negatives in the wee hours of the morning as that seems to be when they update.... but by morning the system has it all worked out.  Maybe it's something like that.

Good luck!!

Mom2Ali2007
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Maybe the bank accidently put a payment through twice , Mine has done that before.

I got so tired of the bank BS that I switched to a local credit union, I keep an account to get my check deposited and then I draw it out , pay bills and it's gone again I keep no more then $5 in there in order to keep it open.

When I first got an accound when I was younger I would always put a -oops withdrawl of $20,

You know like where you put electric or whatever you wrote the check for , I would take that $20 out of the balance every month but not use it. Then if there was a mess up or an unexpected expence I would have that money , If not I would move it into a savings for just in case.

Shel

Mom to Ali born 08~27~07 7:11 pm

7lb 1oz 20 1/2 inches long

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)