Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Oops in Obama's Oath..Who Cares?!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:00 AM
  • 11 Replies

Why is it all over the news about the oops in Obama's oath yesterday? The man giving the oath (I forget his title, secretaty or justice of something maybe??) was supossed to say "faithfully execute the office of the United States of America" but instead said "execute the office of the United Stated of America faithfully". And it's been all over the news last night & already this morning. Does it really matter where the word "faithfully" ends up in the sentence? LOL WHO CARES!!!!

busy momCrystal  margarita time

* Mommy to Madison - 3 & Danny - 14mons

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HealthyMom27
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I saw it while watching the swearing in and I thought it was funny lol..he was just nervous thats all.I dont see it as a big deal,no matter what he does some people will just over analyze it.

Junebug926
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I agree. The misplacement of the word does not change the meaning of the sentence.

Janette81
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Yea I don't really see what the big deal is??

MADAmom2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM

I agree they were both probably SOOO nervous and had 50 million other things running thru their heads.

Quoting HealthyMom27:

I saw it while watching the swearing in and I thought it was funny lol..he was just nervous thats all.I dont see it as a big deal,no matter what he does some people will just over analyze it.

busy momCrystal  margarita time

* Mommy to Madison - 3 & Danny - 14mons

kachinav4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Personally I think that it was the person who was giving him the words that made it almost impossible for Obama to not mess up. Instead of giving him a few words at a time...he gave him paragraphs....and if the media is going to jump allover this they need to grow up.

Robbin74
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:06 AM

They were talking about a redo just to make it official.

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I can't stand the guy and i don't care.  It's probably the biggest moment of his life until that point... give the guy a break!

Callie-bishop
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM

shit happens right?

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I thought it was funny.  You could tell obama had memorized it but was thrown off by the way the guy said it.  It's not a big deal, just human error!

SMASEH
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Just like with Bush, people are going to jump on any little thing he does! Gezzzz....what happened to America! There is just no respect anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)