Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's TAX Time!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:25 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hey Everybody!

Went and got my taxes done.  All I have to say is THANK GOD FOR KIDS, I had no idea what a big impact they have on tax returns.  My husband and I are the type of people that like to get our taxes done ASAP, how about you?  Are you the type to get it done, wait for a while, or hold off to the last possible minute?  Do you do your own taxes or do you go to H&R Block or something?  I learned a lot about taxes this year..like the receipts from donating to goodwill don't count until you can claim $10,000 worth of claimed assets (<--or something like that).  Oh well, guess I'll hold on to them until we buy a house.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orcadarwin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I prefer doing them early.  Right now, I'm waiting on my husband's W-2 so I can get them done. 

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:28 AM

same here the acountant for his shop takes forever every year

Quoting orcadarwin:

I prefer doing them early.  Right now, I'm waiting on my husband's W-2 so I can get them done. 

cinderella22_17
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:29 AM

My husband actually went and picked his up so he didn't have to wait any more. he did them last night.

bcarmona
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM

My hubby got his off of his Marine Online account (he wasn't going to wait for the battalion to print it out) does your hubby have online access to anything like that?

Quoting mamafor6:

Quoting orcadarwin:

orcadarwin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:39 AM

My husband?  No, the place he works for doesn't even have a website.  They are going through a buy out right now, so I'm thinking that they aren't thinking about W-2s for the employees. 

Quoting bcarmona:

My hubby got his off of his Marine Online account (he wasn't going to wait for the battalion to print it out) does your hubby have online access to anything like that?

Quoting mamafor6:

Quoting orcadarwin:

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM

same as mine but not a buy out they are just a small company

Quoting orcadarwin:

My husband?  No, the place he works for doesn't even have a website.  They are going through a buy out right now, so I'm thinking that they aren't thinking about W-2s for the employees. 

Quoting bcarmona:

Quoting mamafor6:

Quoting orcadarwin:

zianneaaliyah
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM

As soon as my hubby's W-2 gets here, I will file online.  It's free, easy, and I get my money fast.  God bless America.

kmbolds
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I always do mine as early as possible and I do them online for free.  I don't do the rapid refund crap because to me it's pointless to let some company take a couple hundred dollars so I can get my money a few days earlier.  My money gets direct deposited in my account no more than 10 days after I file.

shorty7452
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM

i get my w-2 at the end of this month and i cant wait

Freecycle for New Jersey Moms CLICK THE PICTURE

daylens_mommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

well i worked at a lot of places so im waiting on 1 more w2. does anybody know if i worked at a place for just 1 day do i get a w2 for that too?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)