Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

period question (tmi!) (piog) (small edit)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:29 AM
  • 14 Replies

hey all, i have a gross question about my period.

Normally, my periods are average flow and very bright red blood. But yesterday and today i've been spotting a very dark brown (almost black). Does anyone know anything about this? Could there be something wrong? It freaked me out. I've had a period for 12 years but i have never experienced this! Please help!

Join the PoInTlEsS gRoUp!!

(and we can get silly!)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bxbsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:38 AM

my period usually starts off and ends like that...it's normal.

PilotWifey
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Dark blood means its a little older....my period ends like this. Could you be pregnant?

linda4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM

The one and only time that my period was a dark brown almost black color was when I had a etopic pregnancy. The Dr.s told me that it was old blood. You should call your Dr. and tell them they might want to see you. Good luck.

mommacarrie423
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM

i stopped bc in late november but have used condoms the 4 times i've had sex since then, so the possibility is low, but i guess a pregnancy is not impossible. i really hope i'm not because im living with my mom right now, but i guess i could use the dark blood as a reason to make a gyno appointment.

Quoting PilotWifey:

Dark blood means its a little older....my period ends like this. Could you be pregnant?

(and we can get silly!)

mommacarrie423
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Quoting linda4:

The one and only time that my period was a dark brown almost black color was when I had a etopic pregnancy. The Dr.s told me that it was old blood. You should call your Dr. and tell them they might want to see you. Good luck.

what are the symptoms of this? the only odd thing i've noticed in my body in the last month was cramping in my back. i'm going to call the dr. asap

(and we can get silly!)

danigurl9999
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM

your pregnant! thats what happened w me when i was pregnant.  take a test and find out

bxbsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I'm not sure if she's pregnant because I've been getting my period for 14 years and my period always has dark blood at the beginning and the end....I don't think I've been pregnant all those times,lol!

Quoting danigurl9999:

your pregnant! thats what happened w me when i was pregnant.  take a test and find out

mommacarrie423
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:48 AM

i hate to say this because i know so many people would love to have kids, but i really really hope i am not pregnant. right now would be the very worst time EVER for me to have a baby. and for some reason nobody's answering at the dr. office!

Quoting bxbsmommy:

I'm not sure if she's pregnant because I've been getting my period for 14 years and my period always has dark blood at the beginning and the end....I don't think I've been pregnant all those times,lol!

Quoting danigurl9999:

(and we can get silly!)

linda4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM

The only symtoms that I had were the bleeding just spotting the dark red and every once in awhile like once a day lower stomache pains.

Quoting mommacarrie423:

Quoting linda4:

what are the symptoms of this? the only odd thing i've noticed in my body in the last month was cramping in my back. i'm going to call the dr. asap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)