Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I will probably get bashed for this, but......

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:39 AM
  • 42 Replies

I'm not bashing Obama, but isn't there ANYTHING else going on in the world that we need to know about? EVERY news program on this morning is STILL talking about yesterday, what they wore, who said what, blah, blah, blah.....I know it was a historical day, but enough already! Everything on tv was devoted to it yesterday! I feel like I am living in the movie Groundhog Day!! What about Ted Kennedy? How is he? I don't know because they won't stop talking about how long the president and first lady danced at each ball! 69 seconds at one, 73 at another, only 63 at that one!!  GRRRRRRRRR!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:39 AM
Replies (1-10):
orcadarwin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM

You aren't the only one who it makes crazy.  I could care less how many times they danced, with who, what they wore, what they ate.  Who really gives a crap?  They are just spending money that could be better used elsewhere.  I know that a lot of the money was from donations, but some of it was from us taxpayers.  All of it could have been put to better use than to throw some party. 

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:43 AM

They do that with every big event. Why would this be different? For God's sake, we heard about Anna Nicole for a year after she died.

LittleBoPeep252

im watching cartoons

TheresaMomof9

LOL. It'll die down. this is why I don't watch tv much....:)

iluvpink0701
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Lol. I posted the same thing! Only I was complaining about pre-inauguration! And yeah, I got bashed. Lol.

Razzle_Dazzle30
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM

I agree.  It was a great day, but now it's time to buckle down and get to work...unless I'm much mistaken, Michelle Obama's outfits have no bearing on the direction of this country!

michelle6_10
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I don't remember hearing this much about Bush's inauguration but maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Quoting Jynnifer292:

They do that with every big event. Why would this be different? For God's sake, we heard about Anna Nicole for a year after she died.

Briklin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Kennedy is fine he only had to stay at the hospital overnight .  I live in the area where it all happens and our news is still covering a variety of subjects .

Expectingpeanut
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Yep this is how I feel!

Quoting orcadarwin:

You aren't the only one who it makes crazy.  I could care less how many times they danced, with who, what they wore, what they ate.  Who really gives a crap?  They are just spending money that could be better used elsewhere.  I know that a lot of the money was from donations, but some of it was from us taxpayers.  All of it could have been put to better use than to throw some party. 

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM

No kidding right. I would rather hear it about someone who actually matters other than dead celebrities and tragic events.

Quoting Jynnifer292:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)