Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

free taxes

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM
  • 4 Replies

I keep here about certain place's doing your taxes for free. Where can I get a list of places that are doing it. I go to hr block and have to pay a fee it would be nice not to have to pay that fee. So if anybody know's let me know.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MOM22QTS
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I want to know too...

orcadarwin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:56 AM

You can use the efile, where you file online yourself.  Go to www.irs.gov and click on the efile or free file link and it will take you to a partner site that will give a list of companies that will file your taxes for free.  Personally, I use Turbotax.

kmbolds
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I do that every year.  It's based on your income.  That list will give you the income requirements for each company.  I haven't paid to file my taxes in 5 years.

Quoting orcadarwin:

You can use the efile, where you file online yourself.  Go to http://www.irs.gov/ and click on the efile or free file link and it will take you to a partner site that will give a list of companies that will file your taxes for free.  Personally, I use Turbotax.

ribbons4curls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:14 AM

your not going to be able to have someone do your taxes for you for free. You can file for free but you have to do it yourself. Turbo tax and other programs are step by step so you should be able to follow them. Espeacially if you have your returns from last year you can just fill in the blanks from that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)