Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WARNING this will be happy WHAT IS THE NICEIST THING?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM
  • 69 Replies

What is the nicest thing anyone not related has done for you?

The owner of my SO's company bout our house for us and is letting us do land contract. He is a great guy. Born in Germany aboandoned by his mom at six during WW2 He would pick up smoke butts off the ground and reroll cigs for money. His dad a solider found him wandering the streets barefoot. The man is a self made millionare and shared with us so we could have a home for our family.

There were 6 kids and two adults living in a 3 br trailer He said we deserved better b/.c we were good people.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittleBoPeep252
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Omgosh what a GREAT guy!   

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Same here,My SO ex boss Bought our house for us and we pay him the house burned to the ground and he was nice enought to buy us a cheap doublewide and put it back on the land and we are still paying someday we will own it but god only knows when.Also anytime something brakes he will give us money to fix it hes a very nice man but at the same time he can be a ass to lol.

Callie-bishop
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM

some ladies from a church bought my DD a bed and my kids a swing set about 5 years ago.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM

he really is when i asked him over for dinner to thank him he refused he said he wanted nothing but a home for my family. no thanks just to know my family had a home

Quoting LittleBoPeep252:

Omgosh what a GREAT guy!   

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:53 AM

thats really nice of him

Quoting mstnbecki:

Same here,My SO ex boss Bought our house for us and we pay him the house burned to the ground and he was nice enought to buy us a cheap doublewide and put it back on the land and we are still paying someday we will own it but god only knows when.Also anytime something brakes he will give us money to fix it hes a very nice man but at the same time he can be a ass to lol.

sahm_of_rj
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I got laid off from the small oil company I worked at, right at the time DH and I were planning our wedding.  They were bought out and the new company had their own accounting department, so me and another girl got laid off, along with many of the other people working there.  The petroleum engineer was also getting laid off, yet he walked in one day and handed me and the other girl each an envelope with $150 in it!  He just wanted to give us something to help us out, it was so sweet.  She and I took a little bit of it and went in together and sent his wife some flowers.

SCmommy106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:55 AM

When I was pregnant with my DD my boss threw me a big baby shower and she and the other dentists in the pratice got together and got my DD 2 $500 savings bonds. She also paid 100% for my health insurance even when I had to cut my hours back to part time. She is great lady...it is really to bad that we moved so far away, I'd go back to work with her in a heart beat.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:55 AM

AWWWWWWWW that was really nice

Quoting sahm_of_rj:

I got laid off from the small oil company I worked at, right at the time DH and I were planning our wedding.  They were bought out and the new company had their own accounting department, so me and another girl got laid off, along with many of the other people working there.  The petroleum engineer was also getting laid off, yet he walked in one day and handed me and the other girl each an envelope with $150 in it!  He just wanted to give us something to help us out, it was so sweet.  She and I took a little bit of it and went in together and sent his wife some flowers.

scleblanc
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:56 AM

My dh's boss paid the Attorney fees when we adopted our daughter.

RottenFifteener
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Once I was about two hours away from home and my tire blew.  A complete stranger stopped, two kids in the car, and changed my tire and put the spare on.  He was in a hurry but my spare immediately went flat.  Instead of saying Sorry, I tried, and driving off, the guy put HIS spare on my car AND followed me for a couple of miles to make sure I was okay.  I tried to give him $20 for his time and effort and he told me it wasn't necessary--that it had been worth it for him because it helped to teach his children that a little kindness went a long way in brightening someone's day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)