Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone please help me ?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM
  • 11 Replies

I haven't been able to get on in a while because my computer is totally screwed. Right now I'm using safe mode which really SUCKS!!! I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies can tell me how to reboot my computer to where it would be just like it was when I first got it. Back to factory settings & all my stuff deleted. I have tried everything else I know to do , with no luck. So please if you can find out , or if you know. Fill me in!! Thanks alot !!!! It'll save me tons of money!!!

margaritaville85. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
te_amo415
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

go to whatever manurfacturer makes your computer, google their customer service or techincal help line and ask them any quesrions you have. they'll be able to help you out a lot better then any of us could

My name is D0minica Maria. Girlfriend t0 Jas0n (o5_3o_o5). M0ther 0f Julian Blaise  (o4_15_o7). i'm a bitch, i'm a l0ver, i'm a child, i'm a m0ther, i'm a sinner, i'm a saint, i d0 n0t feel ashamed. i'm y0ur hell, i'm y0ur dream, i'm n0thing in between and n0 i w0uldn't want it any 0ther way.

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Do you have a reboot disc?Mine when you turn on the computar gives you 2 options start up with XP or go to reboot mode(mine is newer so didnt come with a disc I had to download them from the computar onto a cd.

snoopy21276
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM

if you have the papers and books from when you bought  your computer look for system recovery. .good luck! also do a google search for whatever the problem is. you may find answers that way.

lisa37743
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM

What type of computer do you have? This will help me be able to figure out what to tell you to do. You can PM me if you need to.

KYChica
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I have a Dell. I don't know if that helps you or not. I don't have the papers or a disk , i got this computer from Rent A Center. I know they can fix it & that's my last option if I can't figure out how to restore it. Thanks

Quoting lisa37743:

What type of computer do you have? This will help me be able to figure out what to tell you to do. You can PM me if you need to.

margaritaville85. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

anziomom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM

When mine did that I paid a guy $65 to restore it to like new, but he was able to save all of my pics and important files. I have no clue how to do it myself.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Dell has a wonderful support tech thing Call them they can do it all for yopu over the net

Quoting KYChica:

I have a Dell. I don't know if that helps you or not. I don't have the papers or a disk , i got this computer from Rent A Center. I know they can fix it & that's my last option if I can't figure out how to restore it. Thanks

Quoting lisa37743:

JanieR
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM

If you can't get the other things to work that people mentioned, I had the same thing where I could only run it in safe mode.  Ended up my hard drive crashed.   Wasn't too expensive to get a new one and they saved my pics and stuff.   I ran it on safe mode for a good year before it crashed but it sucked not being able to use everything else.   Hope you get it fixed.

momof4kids1969
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM

If its not paid off yet...take it back to Rent A Center...they will give you a replacement until yours is fixed. Won't cost you anything.

NattysMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:05 AM

try doing a system restore as far back as it will let you go

I love to make signatures...Want one? Send me a message!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)