Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i cant stop crying!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM
  • 14 Replies

Im balling my eyes out i woke up this morning too my son crying like allways cause hes hungry but i hear him  crrying funny so i rsuh in he is on the floor not in his crib he had climed out of his crib and fell!!! he is 8 months old and i am so shoken up by it i cant stop crying!!! he seems to be acting fine he has a lumb on his head but what else should i look for help me mamas please!!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2blake
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:06 AM

well, mine is only 4 motnhs but i would say look for his pupils dilating with light. i really honestly dont know, but maybe skip his morning nap? or call his pediatrician, good luck! he is probably ok but its stillscary!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

bookwriter4kids

Don't worry mom!!  Those little heads are much softer when they are that little for that very reason!  My son did the same thing!  He's fine!  You may want to lower the mattress in his crib.

Punkin6498

First of all, calm down, he's not the first baby to fall from the crib. His bump is a good sign since it is bumped out. HOWEVER, I would call his dr. due to his age, they will probably want to see him just to make sure. The fact that he was crying and has a bump are good signs though!!! ((HUGS))

LittleBoPeep252

Calm down. This happens alot, it happened to me when my son was around 8 month too ...i forgot to put the drop rail up and he crashed to the floor..just watch him and make sure he stays awake for a little while and doesn't look like he's hurting..he will be just fine!

2boysMoma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM

are his eyes dialated?

If he starts vomiting you should call 911 or go to the ER.  Maybe call his peds to ask them if he needs to be seen just to be safe.

MyHotComments.comMyHotComments
I'm the candle lady! Check out my profile for more info!
Help a working Momma out....LOL!
Babylove135
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Just keep an eye on him and he should be fine.  I promise you je isn't the first baby that has figured out how to climb out of a crib.  If you are still worried take him to the doctor.  I'm sure you won't be the first worried momma they have had.  HUGS!!

Looking for a place where you can be yourself?  Where you can say what you want without being deleted?  Come join us.  www.cafemom.com/group/bitchbangers

JanieR
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Sounds like a little climber to me.  He is probably ok but keep an eye on it.  If you're real worried, just call the doc and ask them what to look for.  My grandson has a black eye right now because he's been walking since 9 months and is almost 11 months but still not that big so he falls hard sometimes.   My son also climbed out of his crib early and broke the rail.   If you don't have a toddler bed, I'd take his mattress and put it in the floor so he will be safe from falling again.   It is going to be hard though since he's so young.   He's probably okay, don't beat yourself up.

BabyDrewmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Awww  its ok, my son did the same thing at that age.........try not to worry to much just call the pediatrician and get some advice and watch him for signs of a mild concussion!!! But momma he will be ok....kids that age don't break easily they bounce very well !!!! 

Hang in there!!!!

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM

It sounds like all the PPs are giving good advice...watch over him, make sure his eyes aren't dialated, and maybe give the doc a call just to ne safe. But he's not the first kid to do this and definitely won't be the last. I'm super paranoid about it too...my son is 10 months and climbs on/over everything. It hasn't happened yet (falling from the crib) but I'm sure it will...

Kellyalt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I think its time to move his crib down a notch!  I'm sure he's fine, but if your unsure or need some reassurance call your doc.

HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)