Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support issues,PLEASE HELP...with a poll.UPDATED LONG

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: A dad making GROSS $2.500 which he pays every month $500 Now is that

Options:

Normal

Less

or more

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

Ok my step daughter lives in California  and me and hubby live in florida ,now him and his ex wife never went to coourt to settle child support we makes like gross 2,500 a month  plus gifts and tickets for her to come here twice a yr ..

now is 500 a month a lot for what he makes or its less?

and if the ex wife took him to court ,would he have to go there or she come here?

is it on child state or fathers state ,that the court would proceed?

PLEASE HELP

Update:

All i want to know is that if ur daughter needed braces and u already send $500 a month  and ur ex wife asked u to send $100 dollars at least  extra every month on top of ur child support

ok so that u can put on feet on my husband shoes ,he sends 500 and now his ex wife is asking for m oney cause her daughter got braces,but out situation right now is critcal..

behind on bills ,eletricity about to be cut  cause we own 3 months worth

and about to loose the car ,that is not even in our name ...cause we dont have credit

with a baby yr old at home and a 6 and half year old...now his ex have 4 kids ,different father I am sure thats hard enough

and i would think that being a mother would understand our situation....i mean braces could wait right?

for a better financial time

I a m the one who does all the bills and when i do it and its not enough or something happens ,liek getting sick and no health insurance .we have to go to doctors and buy the expensive medicine

so for some ppl here that sayd i was taking a free ride

no i am not ,i was never in this situation before when i was single and now married that he has a daughter that lives in california ,i wish he ciould see his daughter more then one time a yr ..but m,oney is been so tide and stuff  ,its just hard to even pay for tickets

I ve been selling stuf that i had before even getting married,

we send her child support everymonth before bills been pay ,her child support is first priority .

it fells bad to say that we dont have anything now and can send any extra to wait ,and she says that she woud take him to court...I mean then we would have to fly to california and get a lawyer and it would be much more money that we dont  have

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM

It depends on a lot of things, including Mom's income.

I get $900 a month for 3 children-it is lowered because I make more than he does-and capped at a percentage of his income as well.  It went down only by $100 a month when my oldest came off.

There are  on line child support calculators you can find-try one of those.

honey5
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM

the court would be where the child lives, but that seems like alot to me.

Crystallynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I dont know about the dollar amount, but you should be able to find a child support calculator online.  Am I almost 100 % sure that it goes by the state the child resides in, so if there was court, he would either have to travel or appear by phone if that is an option.

ravenausa
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM

well the mom is a 911 dispatcher in california and she works over time a lot ,so i am sure she makes more then he does

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I get $900 a month for 3 children-it is lowered because I make more than he does-and capped at a percentage of his income as well.  It went down only by $100 a month when my oldest came off.

steffiestylist

My ex is a cop and said he'd wuit his job before he ever paid me a dime of anything...he's a loser.  Fortunately, I work at home and do well enough that I don't give a rats @$$ about his lame money.  :>)  Exes suck.

ravenausa

and does it matter on how many kids she have?

she have 4 kids all different dads

Quoting ravenausa:

well the mom is a 911 dispatcher in california and she works over time a lot ,so i am sure she makes more then he does

Quoting Tea4Tas:

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:13 AM

No clue bout the amount  but it goes by who files the papers usually. I get 347 for two kids he makes like 8.00 an hour i make 0

Lilmama217
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Quoting ravenausa:

Ok my step daughter lives in California  and me and hubby live in florida ,now him and his ex wife never went to coourt to settle child support we makes like gross 2,500 a month  plus gifts and tickets for her to come here twice a yr .. I would think that it's a normal amount for 1 child... is your income included also?? i wasn't sure about the way you worded it.

now is 500 a month a lot for what he makes or its less? average for the amount of income.

and if the ex wife took him to court ,would he have to go there or she come here? go there...

is it on child state or fathers state ,that the court would proceed? child's b/c that's where the child lives

PLEASE HELP

Babylove135
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

That varies state by state.  In Texas the custodial parent's income has no effect on what the non-custodial parent pays for child support.  www.avvo.com is a good site where you can ask legal questions and have a lawyer answer them for free.

Looking for a place where you can be yourself?  Where you can say what you want without being deleted?  Come join us.  www.cafemom.com/group/bitchbangers

raerae1011
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM

i'm not too sure about the child support.  but for the court thing, if you take her to court then it would be in your state.  if she takes you to court, then it would be in her state.  at least i think that's how it would be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)